The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

BENTLEYOUT

Postby fleetstreetfox » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 pm

GO JIM BEFORE WE GO DOWN.
fleetstreetfox

Re: BENTLEYOUT

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:00 pm

bye bye jim u not good now bye
Voiceoftheshrimps

Re: JIM bentley time to go taxi for him any taxi JIM BENTLEY

Postby Slanester » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm

al1 wrote:Please remind me how many games have we won from the last 12!

If your veiw is JB out, then that's your opinion.
I have no intention, or interest in changing it, or telling you that it is wrong. Just as, I won't be changing mine, regardless of the views of others. Each to their own.
To answer the question, that you will already know......MFC W1 D6 L5
Slanester

Postby Freez » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Ok. I get you are new here, but there is already a thread saying the same thing active, so ill be wiping this one, shortly.
Please don’t complain about your civil rights being infringed, you are welcome to post your views on the thread. Just in the one already addressing this point.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Fact is that if the board and our new Lord and Masters had any intention of getting rid they would have done it prior to the transfer window to allow any incomer (or even an in house appointment) to bring into the club their choice of new players.

The fact that nothing happened and allowed JB to bring in at least a couple of decent additions suggests to me that JB will be with us until the end of this season and whatever that delivers.

I'm far from happy with tactics and constant changes in team selection but JB will survive or whatever on his own decisions and ultimately results.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Freez wrote:Ok. I get you are new here, but there is already a thread saying the same thing active, so ill be wiping this one, shortly.
Please don’t complain about your civil rights being infringed, you are welcome to post your views on the thread. Just in the one already addressing this point.

Before Freez deleted it, I merged it. As with the P45 thread earlier. As with future 'new threads' that say the same thing.

Please keep your 'anti-Jim' stuff in the one place.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 pm

From one of the other threads on this subject:

al1 wrote:Entitled to their opinion, which I and many others share! Trouble is that the mods on both sites are more or less the same people,and are trying to protect their mate.I want to protect the club!

I've answered the first two points in the other thread, which is about how people can express themselves and confirming that we're not the same moderators here as on FaceBook.

The final point... why is it that if anyone disagrees with the sacking of Jim Bentley, it is because they are his "mate" and aren't interested in protecting the club?

Morecambe FC have been the bookies favourites to get relegated every season that Jim's been in charge. Not often the bookies get it wrong, but they have consistently done so under Jim's management.

Jim has a smaller budget now than Sammy McIlroy had before him. Season after season of cuts, yet he's not being given any credit for that?

We're the smallest club in the Football League by some distance in terms of fans & budget, where do you think we should be?

If we are relegated, we'll be a bottom third club in the Conference too.

Players not getting paid on a number of occasions. How many of them chose to leave, as they were entitled to? None. Why do you think that is? It's one of two things, either they know they aren't good enough to get a club anywhere else, or the manager has managed to keep them together and spirits high. Can you think of a third option?

I'd love to see Jim given a budget similar to other clubs in League Two. If then, we were hovering around the relegation spot, I'd agree with you, it may be time for a change. As it is, I think he's a miracle worker simply keeping us in League Two and he deserves more respect for doing so.

I can confirm that as well as never moderating any Morecambe FC group on Facebook, Jim Bentley has never bought me a pint... ...the bastard!!! Jim out, Jim out... :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Just to squash another conspiracy theory, None of the admins on Facebook are Mods on Shrimps Voices. It's a lot easier on SV to merge threads into one. The only thing that can be done on Facebook is to delete. Then we get accused of also being up Jim's a***. Trust me I'm not and have at times have been very vocal about things I think are done wrong.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby al1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Did not take long for Port Vale to find a new manager,about 4 days! Plenty more fish in the sea
al1

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:18 pm

al1 wrote:Did not take long for Port Vale to find a new manager,about 4 days! Plenty more fish in the sea

No-one is saying we wouldn't 'find' another manager. The debate should be around how good a job Jim has done compared to someone else. Could someone else put up with all the off-field trauma that we have been through in the last few years? Players (& management) repeatedly not being paid? Jim apparently agreeing to re-sign Devitt & Miller, only for a director to decide to reduce their pay, and offer them less than they'd been on the season before? No-one knowing who owned the club? No training facilities? Ever reduced budget? Best player sold for less than he was worth in order to pay players? etc... etc... etc...

You mention Port Vale as an example. They've had nine managers in the time that we've only had Jim. In that time, they've had one promotion & one relegation, last season finishing in 20th place in League Two despite an average attendance of 4,583.

Changing managers doesn't necessarily bring success. Chopping & changing managers frequently brings failure. Look at Notts County. Surely you aren't suggesting that we're as big as County or Vale? Look at the clubs that are bigger than us but been relegated while we've stayed up.

What do you think we should be doing on our budget & facilities?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Chelsea chop and change their Manager every 2 years or so and they haven't done too badly have they?
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Keith wrote:
al1 wrote:Did not take long for Port Vale to find a new manager,about 4 days! Plenty more fish in the sea

No-one is saying we wouldn't 'find' another manager. The debate should be around how good a job Jim has done compared to someone else. Could someone else put up with all the off-field trauma that we have been through in the last few years? Players (& management) repeatedly not being paid? Jim apparently agreeing to re-sign Devitt & Miller, only for a director to decide to reduce their pay, and offer them less than they'd been on the season before? No-one knowing who owned the club? No training facilities? Ever reduced budget? Best player sold for less than he was worth in order to pay players? etc... etc... etc...

You mention Port Vale as an example. They've had nine managers in the time that we've only had Jim. In that time, they've had one promotion & one relegation, last season finishing in 20th place in League Two despite an average attendance of 4,583.

Changing managers doesn't necessarily bring success. Chopping & changing managers frequently brings failure. Look at Notts County. Surely you aren't suggesting that we're as big as County or Vale? Look at the clubs that are bigger than us but been relegated while we've stayed up.

What do you think we should be doing on our budget & facilities?

You're like a dog guarding a bone Keith but I fully agree with you
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Chelsea chop and change their Manager every 2 years or so and they haven't done too badly have they?

If Jim had their money, I'd expect a bit better than a League Two dogfight each season! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think if I had their money, I could at least manage mid-table!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:30 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Chelsea chop and change their Manager every 2 years or so and they haven't done too badly have they?

If Jim had their money, I'd expect a bit better than a League Two dogfight each season! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think if I had their money, I could at least manage mid-table!

But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?
BerlinWaller

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:48 am

I expected alot better league position this season than last. The players we got in such as Manderville was highly rated by some Donny fans. Smith experienced at higher level. So is it the players or is it more deeper than that.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Slanester » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:06 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?

That quote also relates to Morecambe FC. ;)
Slanester

Postby RedRampage » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 am

Bentley SHOULD walk, but he isn't going to walk away from 80k a year is he? He isn't daft, he knows that after Morecambe, he won't be anywhere near the football league, OR that sort of money!

No football league club would touch him with a barge pole, his home record is abysmal , his cup record is also abysmal and he breeds negativity, & never takes responsibility for the team.

Bentley OUT!
RedRampage

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:23 am

RedRampage wrote:Bentley SHOULD walk, but he isn't going to walk away from 80k a year is he?

Just wondering, how do you know that figure out of interest?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Slanester » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:27 am

BoroRedShrimp wrote:I expected alot better league position this season than last.

Got to agree with you on that BRS, just as a great deal of Morecambe fans also would.
For me, if our 1st choice starting 11 for this year, played last years 1st choice starting 11, they would beat them. The quality of player is there, and the football played this season, has for the majority of games , been far better than last year. We definitely haven’t managed the results we deserve, but that’s football.

Still plenty of games to play yet, new signings, hopefully injury problems turn around, bit of luck, and I personally remain confident, that our finishing position in Lge2, will be better than last year. KTF.
Come on The Shrimps.
JIm Bentley IN.
Slanester

Postby Slanester » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:34 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
RedRampage wrote:Bentley SHOULD walk, but he isn't going to walk away from 80k a year is he?

Don’t hold your breath S9601.
Slanester

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 am

Slanester wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Don’t hold your breath S9601.

I don't know of many people who's salary and package is in the free domain for people to know.

Hopefully RR will enlighten us.....
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 am

BerlinWaller wrote:But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?

Kind of my point! We’re competing against teams who have lots of money (relative to us) while we’ve not got any cash. Chopping & changing managers won’t change that.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:54 am

I can recruit someone for any job within about 15 minutes. I can guarantee that they probably won't be the best person for the job.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:56 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?

Kind of my point! We’re competing against teams who have lots of money (relative to us) while we’ve not got any cash. Chopping & changing managers won’t change that.

welcome to the FAcebook arguments where people will shout about no wins in 12, Jim out, yadda yadda yadda, then you point out the facts and background to it, and instead of listening, go all Brexit, double down and shout louder, probably with some personal insults, but with extra memes. Oh and reporting all who challenge them to Facebook for bullying.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am

That Facebook page does my 'king head in big time.....

I'm dropping out of it.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion