The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Never said that everyone who disagrees with me is a dick. Read the post I said by the few not by everyone. I am happy to have a discussion with anyone who has a different opinion and in fact I enjoy the banter of a constructive debate and still have a pint with my assailants, but unfortunately that is not the case for everyone on the forum who would be open to that I would have thought that the fiasco with knight rider and the whoha over the merging of threads etc may have focussed a few minds re respect for other opinions but alas no. Just one point though just because you have one thing in common with someone does not mean you like them as a person.
Doonhamer

Postby Freez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 pm

I was tryin to keep it light, apologies over the misunderstanding.
And thank you for pointing out the recent travails on here, there has been a period of relative calm give or take recently, but with the season being as challenging as it has been, it’s brought a few conflicting opinions.
As it should, obviously.
As for your last comment, I tend to live and let live, life would be a shit picnic if we were all pork pies.
Up the Shrimps.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Freez
Look forward to a debate and a pint then sometime
Doonhamer

Postby Freez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Very happy to do that, up the Shrimps.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby shrimpandseek2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:22 pm

BENTLEY OUT 100%
shrimpandseek2

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:02 am

Freez ,if the pork pies were from Morrison's it would be shit picnic, M&S though, different matter altogether, especially if there was a range of chutney and one of the pies had a long tubular egg threaded through It!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:24 pm

On your marks, get set.........go.
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Slanester wrote:On your marks, get set.........go.

I don't think there is anything left to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before. The club has become a circus, a farce. Hopefully the coach they brought in last week might have more than one idea in his head.
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 pm

I strongly now believe that next season Jim will probably be managing elsewhere.
mrpotatohead

Postby sandgrown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Slanester wrote:On your marks, get set.........go.

I don't think there is anything left to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before. The club has become a circus, a farce. Hopefully the coach they brought in last week might have more than one idea in his head.

your right, there's nothing left to say, nothing will ever change
sandgrown

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I strongly now believe that next season Jim will probably be managing elsewhere.

And we will be a non league club again.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:I strongly now believe that next season Jim will probably be managing elsewhere.

And we will be a non league club again.

Plenty of twists and turns to go, Yeovil and even Port vale are no better at present plus Yeovil have another very tough game on Tuesday night ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby KenH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Yes, he'll get us relegated and then beggar off.
KenH

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Plenty of twists and turns to go, Yeovil and even Port vale are no better at present plus Yeovil have another very tough game on Tuesday night ;)[/quote] EVERY game we play is tough! Still leaving wingers with 30 yards of space, not tracking players, standing and watching as they shoot. Attacking ( :D) by hoofing it and hoping a 40 year old gets on the end of it. After Bury went 3 up they decided the game was won,we came back a bit despite our manager sitting on the bench contemplating his navel. No doubt he will be blaming injuries, the ref, the wind dropping, the sun shining as reasons we lost. Still time to save our season but he MUST go! I don't care who takes charge as they can't do a worse job
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 pm

The best bit today was when Kenyon was trying to wind 2 of theirs up about giving us the ball back but failing to notice another lad totally unmarked 10 yards away. Summed it up really.
BerlinWaller

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Name another club which would still have kept Jim as the manager over the last 2 seasons....
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Even one of his biggest fans totally lost it during the half time interval and said ' enough is enough' and on that first 45 who could argue with him.

Totally clueless and no sence of urgency that suggests to me once again that our pre match talks are negative. Got a wee bit better in the second 45 but still no logical rhythm to our game and certainly no pressure put on their back line with our single striker some 10 metres off their line whilst they had 2 constantly putting pressure on our defence.

No tactics, no passion and no semblance of a game plan.

Not the players fault for me. Blame lies totally at the feet of our management team.

And what's this about a new coach being on board..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby al1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Colin and Jason need to stop dillydallying and get rid before it is too late!
al1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Just to clarify, I think Jim will go down with his ship, and move on, being made scapegoat for finally going down , after years of performing an annual miracle, this new lot of owners are just a new cover for an old book, it'll be a miracle if we ever see EFL footy again after we get relegated.
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Just to clarify, I think Jim will go down with his ship, and move on, being made scapegoat for finally going down , after years of performing an annual miracle, this new lot of owners are just a new cover for an old book, it'll be a miracle if we ever see EFL footy again after we get relegated.

I was prepared to give our new owners time to see if they had any intention of changing things but time is up and like a growing number of others I'm worried what their real intentions are.

I genuinely feel sorry for our joint Chairmen who look to me as though they have to handle everything that owners with any sence of concern would usually take on board.

Good to see Rod at today's game and was it not for him and his Co Chairman the ship would have sunk long before.

The owners have until October before they pull up the anchor, sail into the sunset and probably leave us in a worse state than when they vcame.

Prove to us fans that you care and get things sorted. Rod and Co can't do it on their own.
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm usually first to jump on any tactical issues I see, but having looked at our set up on Twitter today I was actually quite excited. Bury have played a 3-5-2 most of the season, which a 4-3-3 which we lined up in is a perfect counter for - wide attackers pinning the wing backs and full backs pushing on to create overloads out wide/in midfield.

Having not been at the game, I can't comment on how well we carried out this set up but a 4-3-3 today was a good call by Jim.

Obviously, there are other factors to consider overall but from what I've seen of today - I wouldn't put the result down to him.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 pm

No way was it 4 3 3 more like 4 1 4 1 with our single striker operating out wide for a lot of the game and not in the centre as a centre forward should.....in my opinion for what it's worth.
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Thanks Ryan Lowe....” JIm Bentley teams will never just lie down and roll over....”
Slanester

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 pm

redrobo wrote:No way was it 4 3 3 more like 4 1 4 1 with our single striker operating out wide for a lot of the game and not in the centre as a centre forward should.....in my opinion for what it's worth.

I'm only going off what I saw on Twitter - 4-1-4-1 does definitely link into 4-3-3 depending on how you play with it.

If it was the case that we played more 4-1-4-1, then I would question why we did not use the gaps that 3-5-2 leaves on the defensive flanks more to our advantage.
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I'm only going off what I saw on Twitter - 4-1-4-1 does definitely link into 4-3-3 depending on how you play with it.

First ten minutes we were pretty good. Then it turned in to...

[anything]-[anything]-..................-1

Completely isolated one with no support.

Old Man Kensey wrote:Name another club which would still have kept Jim as the manager over the last 2 seasons....

Name another club that's as small as us, as skint as us and has been in as much turmoil as us over the last two seasons.

I do get frustrated with Jim's tactics sometimes. I do think that we're often setting up to try and not concede (but do anyway) rather than try and win. I think that one up front on his own means that when we break, we don't have options, so stop and play a sideways or backwards ball, whereas a team like Bury have two up front giving them options, so when they break, they can keep going forwards. On more than one occasion today, we broke with some pace down the flanks, but then only had one player in the penalty area to try and cross to.

BUT... with the mess the club has been in, Jim has still worked miracles keeping Morecambe in League Two.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion