The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Slanester » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:13 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Not picking a fight with anyone.

Who thinks, and has the the same opinion you do. Then it is drop as many digs/jibes as necessary to start the verbal sparring.
Slanester

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:57 pm

I know this doesn't fit with the thread title, but where is Jordan Cranston? Can't understand why he's not being picked.
jbc.shrimp

Postby KenH » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:16 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:I know this doesn't fit with the thread title, but where is Jordan Cranston? Can't understand why he's not being picked.

For some strange reason, Jim seems to prefer Tutte.
KenH

Postby Shrimptheworld » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Not picking a fight with anyone. Just becomes a bit awkward watching you have a pop at a lad who goes week in week out

If you're referring to the quote I made about asking him to schedule another meeting with Rod, that was far from having "a pop".

And I know he goes home and away every week, and I know he's entitled to his opinion. And that's respected.

Why you'd think my asking him to ask Rod a question directly is having "a pop" is beyond me.

Stop have a good and get to the game I know the reason why u sont go now martin shaw
Shrimptheworld

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Shrimptheworld wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Not picking a fight with anyone. Just becomes a bit awkward watching you have a pop at a lad who goes week in week out

If you're referring to the quote I made about asking him to schedule another meeting with Rod, that was far from having "a pop".

And I know he goes home and away every week, and I know he's entitled to his opinion. And that's respected.

Why you'd think my asking him to ask Rod a question directly is having "a pop" is beyond me.

Stop have a good and get to the game I know the reason why u sont go now martin shaw

Mark, read my post again.

I'm not having a go at you.

I said you were entitled to your opinion if you read it correctly.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby al1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:21 pm

BUMP!
al1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:38 pm

If Jim were to leave , who thinks Ken Mac with Kevin Ellison as assistant manager would be a good shout?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby al1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Not a chance mph,need some one from outside the club please with new ideas and no mates within the club!
al1

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 am

mrpotatohead wrote:If Jim were to leave , who thinks Ken Mac with Kevin Ellison as assistant manager would be a good shout?

No, new ideas needed from a new manager, otherwise it'll be the "same old" with a different person - just like on the pitch where, year after year, it's different players doing the same thing. The club is stale and predictable. Using existing personnel to fill the gap is like re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic.
KenH

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:10 am

What about Baz , with help from Drummy??
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:20 am

mrpotatohead wrote:What about Baz , with help from Drummy??

You been on a bender after the Burnley win?
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:21 am

No....liverpool of the 70s had a long tradition of promoting from within , what about Gillian and Mick OBrien??
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:11 am

mrpotatohead wrote:If Jim were to leave , who thinks Ken Mac with Kevin Ellison as assistant manager would be a good shout?

:o :roll: :lol:

Until end of season with Kevin alongside Drummy and Wainwright....with John McMahon as part of new coaching team. Then re evaluate the entire management team.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:32 am

mrpotatohead wrote:No....liverpool of the 70s had a long tradition of promoting from within , what about Gillian and Mick OBrien??

There wouldn't be any players left after half time
BerlinWaller

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 pm

I think CC has got it spot on about Ken, at the end of last season when they brought JMc in we started playing some nice football and things turned around. However this season we seem to have reverted back to normal.

John seemed to be a positive influence but I think 3 is a bit of a crowd and I would expect Jim will always back Ken.

If things continue and changes need to be made instead of remvoing Jim how about replacing Ken with JMc. I realise though that this would probably annoy Jim even more than the Paul Ince thing as Jim and ken probably come as a pair but I wouldn't be suprised if the owners used it as a way to make Jim walk.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Shrimptheworld » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 pm

How long befort he get the sack
Attachments
IMG-20190923-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190923-WA0009.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Shrimptheworld

Postby redrobo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:01 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I think CC has got it spot on about Ken, at the end of last season when they brought JMc in we started playing some nice football and things turned around. However this season we seem to have reverted back to normal.

John seemed to be a positive influence but I think 3 is a bit of a crowd and I would expect Jim will always back Ken.

If things continue and changes need to be made instead of remvoing Jim how about replacing Ken with JMc. I realise though that this would probably annoy Jim even more than the Paul Ince thing as Jim and ken probably come as a pair but I wouldn't be suprised if the owners used it as a way to make Jim walk.

You realise that you are now with me on the 'nasty step' and in line for a bollocking.... :lol:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:20 pm

redrobo wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:I think CC has got it spot on about Ken, at the end of last season when they brought JMc in we started playing some nice football and things turned around. However this season we seem to have reverted back to normal.

You realise that you are now with me on the 'nasty step' and in line for a bollocking.... :lol:

You will both have the "Round Up Gang" after you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:41 pm

The Round up Gang seem to be maintaining radio silence but there wasn't a gang in the first place. Rumour is that they know meet on a Tuesday night at a secret location.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:12 pm

See the “miserable haven’t got a daft bullying name but we moan when someone disagrees with us and label them instead” gang are looking for trouble! :D

Not sure that name will catch on mind!!! :lol:

It’s crap, hopefully it can’t get any worse!

I agree that a change in midfield is needed, both for closing down and cover of the back four and distribution forward, we have options that’s for sure!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Freez wrote:See the “miserable haven’t got a daft bullying name but we moan when someone disagrees with us and label them instead” gang are looking for trouble! :D

I agree that a change in midfield is needed, both for closing down and cover of the back four and distribution forward, we have options that’s for sure!

I just thing the midfield needs an extra body. Ive said it loads on here, you can not get away with a 2 man midfield these days.
BerlinWaller

Postby sandgrown » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:10 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Freez wrote:See the “miserable haven’t got a daft bullying name but we moan when someone disagrees with us and label them instead” gang are looking for trouble! :D

I just think the midfield needs an extra body. Ive said it loads on here, you can not get away with a 2 man midfield these days.

Absolutely !
sandgrown

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Our midfield has been lacking for years I don't know if it's numbers or talent, our last decent central midfielder was Drummy.
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Our midfield has been lacking for years I don't know if it's numbers or talent, our last decent central midfielder was Drummy.

Agreed. We need players who'll disrupt possession, even if it's just kicking the ball away during attacks. like Drummy and Parrish used to do all the time. It's what Flemmo did well. Far too many of the current players just back off, won't close down and increase pressure on the central defenders and goalie. Then you have Kenyon who's happy to tackle but doesn't have the skills so risks yellow/red cards. The team, on the whole, just aren't actually taking the ball off the opposition - they wait to take advantage of opposition mistakes, or hope to get at the end of passes/crosses/headers etc. They all need to work on stealing the ball to disrupt opposition play. You can't expect to win games just by relying on the opposition to make mistakes.
KenH

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:39 pm

I suppose the problem at this level is as soon as you get someone who is consistent at either been an excellant midfielder (deffensive or a play maker) they soon get snapped up by someone higher up the chain from people offering more money.

It's like everyone wants a consistent 20 goal a season a striker but as soon as they become that they are off, all these players are at this level for a reason.

Ideally you would hope that the academy could produce a few more which would help us out.

Now that is a whole other debate are we just not producing them or are they not been given a chance.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion