The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Screenster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Keith wrote:Unfortunately, there are also some fans who would rather see us fail and Jim sacked, because they once got Morecambe in to the Premiership when playing Football Manager and therefore know that they could do better.

With all due respect, Keith, anyone who wants to see us fail clearly doesn't support the club.

We've all got our own opinions of the manager, and while I personally feel it's time for a change, I absolutely do not want to see this club go down. Please don't make sweeping generalisations of supporters who have a differing opinion to yours.
Screenster

Postby al1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:02 pm

JB has the nerve to come on to the pitch and clap after another awful performance! Just go please
al1

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Screenster wrote:
Keith wrote:Unfortunately, there are also some fans who would rather see us fail and Jim sacked, because they once got Morecambe in to the Premiership when playing Football Manager and therefore know that they could do better.

With all due respect, Keith, anyone who wants to see us fail clearly doesn't support the club.

We've all got our own opinions of the manager, and while I personally feel it's time for a change, I absolutely do not want to see this club go down. Please don't make sweeping generalisations of supporters who have a differing opinion to yours.

Fair play, i totally agree with you here. Keith has shown himself up here with that terribly patronising paragraph.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Jim mentioned the facebook poll and that a "couple" of fans shouted for his head tonight but he is going to carry on doing his best for the club on Radio Lancs.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:23 pm

"there are some..."

I didn't say 'anyone who wants a change of manager...' There are SOME.

There are some who don't even go to games, yet are swift enough to call for Jim to be sacked after every defeat, but never seen after a victory. Some, who won't even cough up for iFollow, even though the club get money from that, but send texts to Radio Lancashire basing their opinion entirely on the BBC stats. There are some who refuse to acknowledge that finances have anything to do with how successful the club is.

I think we've seen two dreadful games against very poor opposition. I think the midfield in particular are failing in their job. Tutte, O'Sullivan & Wildig have all been very poor and not shown any determination. They aren't protecting the defence, nor creating anything going forwards. I don't think Jim's immune from criticism either. I'd rather have Mendes-Gomes running around the middle of the park, sometimes confusing even himself than any of those three players who are more likely to pass back to Barry than forwards to an attacker.

But SOME people appear to think that their version of "Jim Out" is gospel and anyone who dares to disagree is a member of "the roundup gang" (whatever that is?) who only support Jim because he buys them a beer occasionally (he's never bought me a pint!)

I'm as frustrated as anyone else.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Slanester » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 pm

I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive??
Slanester

Postby Screenster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Slanester wrote:I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive??

There are a lot of factors at play. Some of it is a release of frustration which has built up over months if not years of poor performances, some of it is heat of the moment.

To clarify, I am a season ticket holder and I would never show my frustrations by chanting "Bentley Out" etc or booing the team - I am merely explaining why some fans might do it.
Screenster

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:32 pm

If people think this forum is bad try visiting other such as Oldham and Mansfield

Ours is tame compared to lots of others
Redalert1970

Postby Shrimptheworld » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Jim get out of our club now
Attachments
IMG-20190917-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20190917-WA0038.jpg (143.28 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Shrimptheworld

Postby Slanester » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Screenster wrote:
Slanester wrote:I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive??

There are a lot of factors at play. Some of it is a release of frustration which has built up over months if not years of poor performances, some of it is heat of the moment.

To clarify, I am a season ticket holder and I would never show my frustrations by chanting "Bentley Out" etc or booing the team - I am merely explaining why some fans might do it.

I understand your explanation, but it doesn’t actually answer the question.
Slanester

Postby Screenster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Slanester wrote:
Screenster wrote:

I understand your explanation, but it doesn’t actually answer the question.

Because it depends what you mean by "positive". A positive outcome for some would be a change of manager, or maybe to a lesser degree, in change in personnel or style of play.
Screenster

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Keith wrote:"there are some..."

There are some who don't even go to games, yet are swift enough to call for Jim to be sacked after every defeat, but never seen after a victory. Some, who won't even cough up for iFollow, even though the club get money from that, but send texts to Radio Lancashire basing their opinion entirely on the BBC stats. There are some who refuse to acknowledge that finances have anything to do with how successful the club is.

I think we've seen two dreadful games against very poor opposition. I think the midfield in particular are failing in their job. Tutte, O'Sullivan & Wildig have all been very poor and not shown any determination. They aren't protecting the defence, nor creating anything going forwards. I don't think Jim's immune from criticism either. I'd rather have Mendes-Gomes running around the middle of the park, sometimes confusing even himself than any of those three players who are more likely to pass back to Barry than forwards to an attacker.

But SOME people appear to think that their version of "Jim Out" is gospel and anyone who dares to disagree is a member of "the roundup gang" (whatever that is?) who only support Jim because he buys them a beer occasionally (he's never bought me a pint!)

There are some who don't go to games but tell us we are lucky to have what we have. There are some who don't even support Morecambe but tell us how lucky we are. There are people who go to games on a freebie telling us that pay how to support our club.
BerlinWaller

Postby Shrimptheworld » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:"there are some..."

There are some who don't go to games but tell us we are lucky to have what we have. There are some who don't even support Morecambe but tell us how lucky we are. There are people who go to games on a freebie telling us that pay how to support our club.

It all down to jim. No shot on goal tonight. He need to go befort people start to get hurt. Why Rod Taylor cant see it now jim is s... at his job now.
Shrimptheworld

Postby Slanester » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Screenster wrote:
Slanester wrote:]I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive

Because it depends what you mean by "positive". A positive outcome for some would be a change of manager, or maybe to a lesser degree, in change in personnel or style of play.

So that means our results would improve then?
Slanester

Postby Screenster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Slanester wrote:
Screenster wrote:
Slanester wrote:]I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive

It's a gamble; you don't know until you try it. But after 8 years of service perhaps it's worth a gamble. I mean, looking at our run of form can the results get much worse?
Screenster

Postby Slanester » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Screenster wrote:
Slanester wrote: I would be grateful, if one of the football genius, master tacticians on this forum, could explain, how totally disrespectful booing, swearing and chanting at the team “you love,” and it’s manager actually achieves anything positive

It's a gamble; you don't know until you try it. But after 8 years of service perhaps it's worth a gamble. I mean, looking at our run of form can the results get much worse?

Appreciate your opinion mate, even though I am not of the same. But based on that, the answer to my original question is....ultimately, might not achieve anything positive atall.
Slanester

Postby Shrimptheworld » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Slanester wrote:
Screenster wrote:

Prob yes and player will player for then manager than.
Shrimptheworld

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:42 am

Redalert1970 wrote:All this bollocks about money and lowest crowds etc is a joke

Look where Crewe and Cheltenham are in the league... They are not massive clubs and are doing brilliant

So Crewe and Cheltenham have the same size small home crowds as us do they ??

Hmmmmmm........................ :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:45 am

Shrimptheworld wrote: Why Rod Taylor cant see it now jim is s... at his job now.

Why don't you schedule another meeting and ask the question ?
Seasider9601

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am

There's a bit of unnecessary nastiness crept in here in places, so first of all, from someone who isn't associated with anyone at the club or any of the moderators on here, can I just say the 'round-up gang' doesn't exist. Nobody tries to censor or remove people who say they want Jim out. It's an open debate and people can put their own points of view on here, as long as they stay within the site rules. Remember, SVs is not a democracy, it's a (mostly) benevolent dictatorship, but I for one haven't seen Keith abusing that (although he clearly got somewhat agitated last night at some of the accusations). If you put forward a strong opinion, simply expect someone who disagrees with you to disagree with you - simples!

On the subject of Jim, I am incredibly frustrated that he seems to be unable to adopt new ideas. Yes, there has this season been more of an attempt to play on the ground rather than hoofball, but his persistence in refusing to train the team either to close down in midfield or to adapt when other teams do it to us is intensely annoying. It's a no-brainer - we know teams are going to do it to us, yet every time it's panic at the disco! Backwards & sideways passing, or just a hoofed clearance. TRAIN FOR IT FOR F%£*'s sake! We need movement from the players off the ball so the one on the ball has an outlet. The midfield we currently have is static and unimaginative. We want one to hang back and protect the defence (Brewitt?), with creativity and movement in front to provide options and to move the ball forward. I disagree with some (sorry MPH) that we can't afford the players - we have Lewis, we have Carlos Mendes-Gomes, if given the chance, Cranston can do a job in there too. Leave Kev on the bench, please; he might be fit but he's mentally now half a yard short, as his reaction time has slowed (a natural consequence of age, let me tell you).

I think Jim has done what he can, and we need fresh ideas, but unfortunately we can't afford to pay him off, and he's not going to leave of his own accord. The best realistic hope is that the board don't renew his contract, allowing us to replace him once that expires. I know that's not what either the Jim Out or Jim In sides want to hear, but hey, this fence is getting uncomfortable and I'm making a stand (gets the weight off my weighty a^$3 ;) ).
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby RedRampage » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 am

Jim will take us down, the board must act on this NOW and get Jim out of the club. A fresh start is needed.
The players no longer play for Jim. The end is near!
RedRampage

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
Shrimptheworld wrote: Why Rod Taylor cant see it now jim is s... at his job now.

Why don't you come to the games and put money in to the club so we can improve the budget? Lots of absent fans telling the ones still remaining what we should be thinking.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Why don't you come to the games and put money in to the club so we can improve the budget? Lots of absent fans telling the ones still remaining what we should be thinking.

And why don't you stop trying to pick a fight with so many people on here ??

I do put money into the club.

You think/know I don't put money into the club because ???

Deluded.

I'm not telling people what they "should be thinking." Haven't done so at all.
Seasider9601

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 am

Not picking a fight with anyone. Just becomes a bit awkward watching you have a pop at a lad who goes week in week out
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Not picking a fight with anyone. Just becomes a bit awkward watching you have a pop at a lad who goes week in week out

If you're referring to the quote I made about asking him to schedule another meeting with Rod, that was far from having "a pop".

And I know he goes home and away every week, and I know he's entitled to his opinion. And that's respected.

Why you'd think my asking him to ask Rod a question directly is having "a pop" is beyond me.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion