The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:46 pm

When will someone have the b~*#$ to have a word with Jim and say your time is up ???
glagys

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 pm

glagys wrote:When will someone have the b~*#$ to have a word with Jim and say your time is up ???
Any questions after a game are "well Jim" stand back, listen to the excuses and then say "Thanks Jim" We are Jim Bentleys Morecambe we can't sack him he's a tactical genius! His pre match interview must have had our players quaking in their boots. Only playing the worst (??) team in League 2
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 pm

glagys wrote:When will someone have the b~*#$ to have a word with Jim and say your time is up ???

The safest job in Football. Owners who don't give a toss and everybody within the club loves Jim. He is going nowhere.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm

The "no training facilities" excuse has gone down the pan too.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:The "no training facilities" excuse has gone down the pan too.

I honestly believe that the powers that be and numerous fans would rather see us play in the NW Counties with Jim in charge than sack him and try something different.
BerlinWaller

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:10 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:The "no training facilities" excuse has gone down the pan too.

I honestly believe that the powers that be and numerous fans would rather see us play in the NW Counties with Jim in charge than sack him and try something different.
It's only a few years away!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby roogler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Now now. You are NOT allowed to criticize the man in charge. Funny how when I did I get shot to bits but now others are doing it, it is suddenly ok!! Bentley has to go now,albeit at least 2 years late in my view. If he doesn't then the owners obviously dont give a monkey's and deffo Conference next year. This club needs to waken up before it disappears up its ow a**e
roogler

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:01 pm

I understand the budget argument, as I expect do most, if not all, of the 'full-on Jim out' brigade. What winds me up most is that we have these flashes of brilliance (for league 2), but then revert to type. We leave too much space at full back for their wingers, we completely fail to close down in midfield (oh how we miss Fleming for that), and yet I was thinking not dissimilar thoughts watching England against Kosovo the other night. This was Sammy's way of playing and Jim has no more evolved ideas, perhaps since he played under Sammy towards the end of his career. I'm no football brain, so if I can see this is a problem, either I'm stupid or Jim really needs some fresh perspective.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby KenH » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:03 pm

I think the biggest problem is that Jim never learns from his mistakes. He persists with the same squad/formation/players for far too long when it's clear it's not working. Then instead of gradual changes, he changes everything suddenly, i.e. new formation, several different players, and that doesn't work either because it's too big a change, that gives him "proof" he was right in the first place!

What people are saying this season is exactly what was being said on here and Facecloth (and amongst fans in the stadium) last season, the season before that, and so on. It's like some kind of weird loop that the same happens every season. All that changes are the names of the players.

Jim needs to stop his 5 at the back nonsense - it didn't work last season, it's not working this season. He also needs to stop playing his "favourite" players no matter how crap they play.

It really is time for a management change. Over Summer, with the new signings, return of Miller, Stockton, Allessandra, bigger squad, etc., I really thought we'd start strong and get somewhere this season. Now all we have to look forward to is to get a loan striker in January to do the business. Like I say, history repeating itself. It's as if Jim does it deliberately to prove something.
KenH

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:04 pm

He also played under Jim Harvey who had his defenders only tackle at the edge of the penalty area. Difference is that the defenders of the past could do this. No new tactics to see here, just year after year of different players playing the same style.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:07 pm

roogler wrote:Now now. You are NOT allowed to criticize the man in charge. Funny how when I did I get shot to bits but now others are doing it, it is suddenly ok!! Bentley has to go now,albeit at least 2 years late in my view. If he doesn't then the owners obviously dont give a monkey's and deffo Conference next year. This club needs to waken up before it disappears up its ow a**e

You've posted six times in 12 months (happy anniversary tomorrow). Every one of the posts says the same. Some people appear to only want to post "Jim out" and wait for an opportunity to do so. Don't you have any other opinions about anything? It's the one track posts that frustrate me. No balance whatsoever.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Keith wrote:
roogler wrote:Now now. You are NOT allowed to criticize the man in charge. Funny how when I did I get shot to bits but now others are doing it, it is suddenly ok!! Bentley has to go now,albeit at least 2 years late in my view. If he doesn't then the owners obviously dont give a monkey's and deffo Conference next year. This club needs to waken up before it disappears up its ow a**e

You've posted six times in 12 months (happy anniversary tomorrow). Every one of the posts says the same. Some people appear to only want to post "Jim out" and wait for an opportunity to do so. Don't you have any other opinions about anything? It's the one track posts that frustrate me. No balance whatsoever.

Don't worry Keith, wipe the lads login details
BerlinWaller

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:He also played under Jim Harvey who had his defenders only tackle at the edge of the penalty area. Difference is that the defenders of the past could do this. No new tactics to see here, just year after year of different players playing the same style.

Have to admit I'm a bit of a 'Johnny come lately', only having had a season ticket for 11 or 12 seasons, so I'm not familiar with the Jim Harvey era, but I did make the point that Southgate seemed to have a similar issue with his England side.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

Don't worry Keith, wipe the lads login details

The only people who've been banned are the ones two who wouldn't follow the directive to keep their 'Bentley out' comments in this thread rather than spamming the forum with dozens of threads saying the same thing, one person who got personally abusive on more than one occasion and one person whose posts were almost exclusively political. If you are struggling with your log in, I'm confident that it is you not me!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Jim has just said on radio accy that this result was a sackable one! His own words!! Doubt the owners can get the radio station down in Worcestershire though sadly
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Nobody at the club wants the hassle of appointing a new manager. Rod is a big fan of Jim's so we are stuck with him. Imagine the grief Sammy would be getting now.
BerlinWaller

Postby John L » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Jim has just said on radio accy that this result was a sackable one! His own words!! Doubt the owners can get the radio station down in Worcestershire though sadly

Not the first time he's admitted that. Doesn't get him sacked though, does it... :evil:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby RedRampage » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:51 pm

enough is enough! embarrassing defeat. when will the pro Bentleys wake up and realise that his time is up?

JB OUT!
RedRampage

Postby Shrimptheworld » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Another poor performance today this year needs to change. Jim needs to go why cant the owners and the chairman see what the fans see #bentleyout Now.
Shrimptheworld

Postby Shrimptheworld » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:52 pm

[quote="Shrimptheworld"]Another poor performance today thing need to change. Jim needs to go why cant the owners and the chairman see what the fans see #bentleyout Now.
Shrimptheworld

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:27 pm

If Jim resigns or is sacked... Which managers are available

Is it too early for Drummond / Ellison combo (there would not be much experience but my god there would be tons of passion)
Redalert1970

Postby RedRampage » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:45 pm

[quote="Redalert1970"]If Jim resigns or is sacked... Which managers are available

there are plenty of managers out there. JB isn't the only option. he's had more than his time now. I actually think the club are insulting the die hard fans by keeping him in charge! no ambition, no fight, nothing! the players haven't played for Jim in years! people need to stop defending him. he's a football manager, with an abysmal record, and he deserves the critism.
RedRampage

Postby Shrimptheworld » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 pm

They is alots of manager out ther will do the job.
Shrimptheworld

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:17 am

Jim has just said on radio accy that this result was a sackable one

Anyone got a link to this interview or the one from freez assuming he did one
glagys

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:32 am

Shrimptheworld wrote:They is alots of manager out ther will do the job.

They are "out there" because they are useless and have been sacked.

If there was to be a change at any time it would be better to go for someone who is in a job even at a lower level but who seems to be making a decent job of it without large amounts of cash from a "sugar daddy".
Gone_Shrimping

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion