The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:01 pm

This would be a huge gamble by the ambitious AFC Fylde. The manager has no experience of managing a successful club to promotion and so far hasn't shown imo the tactical awareness and positive mental attitude to lead a club to promotion- and that is the top and bottom of the requirement at Fylde. He won't be given a lot of time to achieve this.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:08 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:This would be a huge gamble by the ambitious AFC Fylde. The manager has no experience of managing a successful club to promotion and so far hasn't shown imo the tactical awareness and positive mental attitude to lead a club to promotion- and that is the top and bottom of the requirement at Fylde. He won't be given a lot of time to achieve this.

If our current manager does take the Fylde job, then their gamble is much lesser than ours imo.( Not based on his name being Jim Bentley)

RIP Morecambe league status.
We all have a different ”crystal ball,” but see you lads at Fylde next year.
Last edited by Slanester on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Cant see it, but if we get beat today then maybe Jim might think enoughs enough, throw the towel in, and say something along the lines of "I've taken Morecambe FC as far as i can".

Any new Manager will at least have some time to get to know the current set of players before the "next Transfer Window" to wheel and deal.
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Slanester wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:This would be a huge gamble by the ambitious AFC Fylde. The manager has no experience of managing a successful club to promotion and so far hasn't shown imo the tactical awareness and positive mental attitude to lead a club to promotion- and that is the top and bottom of the requirement at Fylde. He won't be given a lot of time to achieve this.

If our current manager does take the Fylde job, then their gamble is much lesser than ours imo.( Not based on his name being Jim Bentley)

We all have a different”crystal ball,” but see you lads at Fylde next year.
Nah they will be in Conference North! ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
Slanester wrote:

We all have a different”crystal ball,” but see you lads at Fylde next year.
Nah they will be in Conference North! ;)

Year after then.
Slanester

Postby Screenster » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Slanester wrote:

I like how our fans slate people for being negative about the manager and style of play, yet as soon as the prospect of him moving on to pastures anew is touted, people are immediately writing us off to stay in the league! You surely can't judge until you know who's taking charge...
Screenster

Postby Andy D » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:39 pm

i can see this going like Brexit with remainers( happy to stay the same) vs brexiters(wanting a change knowing its risky)
Last edited by Andy D on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Screenster wrote:
Slanester wrote:

I like how our fans slate people for being negative about the manager and style of play, yet as soon as the prospect of him moving on to pastures anew is touted, people are immediately writing us off to stay in the league! You surely can't judge until you know who's taking charge...

Bit confusing that, apart from your last sentence. To answer that, would start off another, tit for tat, 30 post debate. My opinion, you have yours.
Slanester

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:45 pm

I've come to chorley v Yeovil today to show my lad the national league I'm preparing him for.ext season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:31 pm

You can only be ambitious when you're not living hand to mouth, same happened to Wellens at Oldham, couldn't work with their budget and down we went, given the Swindon gig and suddenly he's a fantastic manager.
Only monetary backing can offer you any chance of success, something Jim has sadly never had,
Fylde have more money and who can say what he'll achieve? for them he could be a breath of fresh air, hope he goes for it, if offered.
HALMA 1983

Postby sandgrown » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:41 pm

If JB loves the club as much as he says, then he should walk away now while he still has some pride left.

rock bottom, 10 points from 16 games with the worst goal difference -15 says it all.

it would be sad to carry on and be the first manager to be relegated in our history.

a great player for the club, but L2 have sussed out JB as a manager years ago !
sandgrown

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:45 pm

I don't think it is as simple as money means success. It certainly helps but I dont think the art of coaching is dead by any means. Good coaches will always do well with or without money. Plenty have failed with buckets load of cash as well.
BerlinWaller

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Monday the start of a new era
Kendalshrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Monday the start of a new era

Is a new manager being announced on Monday ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Really really hope so
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Monday the start of a new era

Don't think we've heard from you for quite a while! So I tend to believe your 'prophecy'.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:03 pm

I think Radio Lancashire know much more than they are letting on but yet again it`s the fans who are last to know

The manager should be SACKED

If i performed at work and got results like the current team are doing i would be sacked and replaced - There is no reason why football should be any different
Redalert1970

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I think Radio Lancashire know much more than they are letting on but yet again it`s the fans who are last to know

If i performed at work and got results like the current team are doing i would be sacked and replaced - There is no reason why football should be any different
If he is walking away we don't need to pay any compo, and if he is going to Fylde that means he's been tapped up! We could ask for compo from them or make him go on gardening leave. :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby redrobo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:18 pm

If rumours are true then no celebrations from me despite my negativity regarding tactics.

JB deserves our grateful thanks for heading our Efl survival season after season. Wherever he goes after our selves then he deserves our best wishes and enormous thanks for 17 years of outstanding service.

However if we are having to look for a new management team I hope that the Board appoint an interim team until the end of this season and then decide on where we go from there especially as we will probably have new owners on board who will have their own thoughts as what the club needs going forward.

So in the interim for me it has to be Kevin and Drummy to see us through until the end of the season by which time we will know exactly what league we will be in.

However if a new managerial no connections to our club is appointed then we could do a lot worse than
Ian Evett at Barrow as a more than suitable successor.

To JB and Co. thanks for the memories and I for one wish you all the best going forward. A change is as good as a rest and maybe that is what all parties need.
Last edited by redrobo on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I think Radio Lancashire know much more than they are letting on but yet again it`s the fans who are last to know

You really are utterly ridiculous! If you are doing your job as, say a carpenter, with no backing from your bosses, no money for tools, looking in bins to find cast off bits of wood, then still managing to produce decent furniture, you'd be a miracle worker, not a failure!

If Jim does go to Fylde, how many of our squad do you think he'd like to take with him? Sam? err... anyone else? Kev or Baz for coaching duties? But on quality of player, do you think he'd come sniffing around us? Mandaville chose non-League over us, for more money. We're a feeder club for bigger, wealthier Conference sides. I'm glad that pleases you.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Caretaker would have to be Drummy & John McMahon

P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Bernard and Johnno?
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Bernard and Johnno?

More likely to be Chesh and one of his hardy volunteers
HALMA 1983

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:37 pm

The one thing about Jim is his work ethic and the lengths he goes to when signing players and how do we get someone else in that same mold.

I don't think one of the experienced mangers that seem to do the circuit would have it so I think we need to gamble on player that's recently retired like Macclesfield did. They wouldn't be here for the money will work hard to try and make a name for themselves.

P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:05 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Bernard and Johnno?

More likely to be Chesh and one of his hardy volunteers

Cheers for your input, informative as usual.
BerlinWaller

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion