New Players?

New Players?

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 pm

I belive it was in the Gillingham programme and a bit of discussion on here that we were hoping to have 2 new players by the Port Vale game. I am taking it with the emargo still at large we haven't been able to do what we were hoping.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: New Players?

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:03 pm

have a listen to the bay interview phil it will answer your question
in short no
Shrimpsscene

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:00 pm

whats the rush? just wait till summer..
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 pm

I suspect that the Board and the Managemet team are more than a little miffed about the leagues insistance that the embargo has to stay in place.

We did what was asked I understand by cutting the wage bill thanks to the exodus of 3 players, but it would appear that the problem still exists even after our action to imporove the situation.

Makes me wonder just how much did we overspend.

Maybe bringing Howe in has been a major contributor to the problem. As has the on-going injury and therefore non appearances of Michael Howard and Matty Blinkhorn who looks to be injured again after coming off at half time in last night Res game with, what was first thought to be a broken toe, although x-rays today have shown it to be otherwise.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:05 pm

There won't be any new players but to be honest after signing so many players in the summer I didn't expect any in January anyway. Call it complacency but I'm happy not to sign any and make the best of what we've got, reach safety and then plan for next season.

The problem Sammy's got is that he's got several injuries (not his fault) and no cover for certain positions (his fault??). For example, we've got five strikers but no right winger; and we had, if you include McCann, six central midfielders but very little cover for right back and central defence.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion