should the shrimps follow the likes of stockport and wallsal

should the shrimps follow the likes of stockport and wallsal

Postby leedsutd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 am

ive noticed the shrimps attendances are down this season.
im not sure what the away attendances at christie park have been this season?.
but surely it might be worth considering giving the away team more tickets?.

i went to stockport over the xmas period and noticed that they had given leeds utd half the ground.
im also off to wallsall on sat. and have noticed that the saddlers are doing the same thing.

just an idea maybe?.
leedsutd

Re: should the shrimps follow the likes of stockport and wallsal

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:13 am

leedsutd wrote:
just an idea maybe?.

Pointless when the away fans don't fill the end they are given
campdave

Postby shrimper » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:08 am

leedsutd wrote:ive noticed the shrimps attendances are down this season.
im not sure what the away attendances at christie park have been this season?.
but surely it might be worth considering giving the away team more tickets?.

i went to stockport over the xmas period and noticed that they had given leeds utd half the ground.
im also off to wallsall on sat. and have noticed that the saddlers are doing the same thing.

just an idea maybe?.

Mate - it's a completely different situation at Morecambe.

We only 'give tickets' to away fans when we know there's going to be a massive away following that, if there were no tickets, may create problems.

That hasn't happened so far this season so away fans have paid on the day and no club has come close to filling their end.

I think the drop in away fans (because of petrol prices and the fact ours is not a 'new' ground to them any more) has had an effect but so has the falling away of 'newcomer' Morecambe fans for whom the novelty has worn off.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:54 am

True, we would have to make it to league 1 before thinkin about that as the away followings are large but not large enough to demand more tickets. It's only ever been cup and play-off matches where teams have filled their section and beyound
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby wijit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:06 pm

This was for a game against Leeds, who have a huge following. As County seldon sell out this made sense to open more of the ground to bring in additional money. We are totally different, how many times have a visiting team sold their entire allocation for a visit to us?
wijit

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 pm

wijit wrote:This was for a game against Leeds, who have a huge following. As County seldon sell out this made sense to open more of the ground to bring in additional money. We are totally different, how many times have a visiting team sold their entire allocation for a visit to us?

It hasn't happened this season, and won't until the visit of Bradford on Good Friday.

Half of their fans will be in the home end anyway, because they live here.

Not to mention "head of security" who wears his Bradford shirt under his hi vis jacket :roll:
morecambe mick

Postby Harry » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 pm

For the bigger cup/playoff games, home attendance rockets up anyway, as it did against Bradford when the North Stand was packed out.
Harry

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm surprised the police allowed Stockport and Walsall to give Leeds a shed load of extra tickets, considering the amount of scumbags that follow them around the country. Setanta wanted to televise the FA Cup replay between Forest and Derby next week, but the Nottingham Police Constabulary has blocked this because on the night Setanta want to screen the game Notts County are at home. I'd understand if there was another big game on in the area (like in the case where our game has been moved with Bradford), but I can't imagine it would take much resources (if any) to police County. Pathetic!
RedRedWine1

Postby wijit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:57 pm

To be fair to Notts Plod, it can get a bit hairy there when both have been at home, and I've seen it only when it's been two consecutive nights let alone the same night!
wijit

Postby firthy_SexGod » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 am

We took over 2,000 to Bury tonight.....Shame about the pathetic performance.
What's the biggest allocation you can gives us for Good Friday?
firthy_SexGod

Postby leedsutd » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:34 am

RedRedWine wrote:I'm surprised the police allowed Stockport and Walsall to give Leeds a shed load of extra tickets, considering the amount of scumbags that follow them around the country. Setanta wanted to televise the FA Cup replay between Forest and Derby next week, but the Nottingham Police Constabulary has blocked this because on the night Setanta want to screen the game Notts County are at home. I'd understand if there was another big game on in the area (like in the case where our game has been moved with Bradford), but I can't imagine it would take much resources (if any) to police County. Pathetic!

to be fair to the police, this season i think they have learnt from what happened at various grounds last season

a lot of home ends of the grounds were occuppied by hundreds of leeds fans.
best have them all in the same place one thinks.
although at m.k. dons, who gave leeds a massive allocation when leeds scored i saw hundreds of leeds fans celebrating all over the stadium.
leedsutd

Postby Number 1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:54 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:We took over 2,000 to Bury tonight.....Shame about the pathetic performance.

How many do you want?
Number 1

Postby firthy_SexGod » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Number 1 wrote:
firthy_SexGod wrote:We took over 2,000 to Bury tonight.....Shame about the pathetic performance.

How many do you want?

I don't know, if we're up their then if you gave us 2,000+ we'd probably sell them all. Just give us your main terrace. :D
firthy_SexGod

Postby james456 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:35 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:
Number 1 wrote:

How many do you want?

I don't know, if we're up their then if you gave us 2,000+ we'd probably sell them all. Just give us your main terrace. :D

Not a bad idea in all honesty :(
james456

Postby John L » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:
Number 1 wrote:

How many do you want?

We'll do you a deal on the "main terrace" when we move to our new ground next year! ;)
John L

Return to General Discussion