Embargo update

Embargo update

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

..can only quote what Radio Lancashire Sports update on Friday at 4.30pm reported 'the embargo stays'......

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Embargo update

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:49 pm

is there anyway the embargo will be lifted before the end of january...
Howe Magic

Postby MorecambeMickey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Is there any real point to this thread! :)
MorecambeMickey

Postby parkyboy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 pm

SHOULD WE PUT AN EMBARGO ON IT UNTIL THE CLUB COME UP WITH SOME OFFICIAL NEWS
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm

you could look at it this way, it's not that much of a BIG DEAL with this embargo, it's not like where going to get relegated or win promotion, our season is over and the players we have now should be playing for there future's

so lets just save up, and wait till the summer, there's no rush..
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm not unhappy that it is in place because I think we're best off playing this season out with the guys we've got. See who can make it and who can't. Come the summer, if the economy continues downwards, there may well be a lot more players available for free, who will be willing to take a pay cut just to get a job. Far better than signing players up now IMHO.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Keith wrote:I'm not unhappy that it is in place because I think we're best off playing this season out with the guys we've got. See who can make it and who can't. Come the summer, if the economy continues downwards, there may well be a lot more players available for free, who will be willing to take a pay cut just to get a job. Far better than signing players up now IMHO.

Makes a lot of sence about seeing out the season with what we've got BUT let's not be too sure about not being involved in a scrap at the bottom.

Sammy has gone public with his caution about thinking we are out of it.

IF a player(s) of quality became available ie Jansen then we should have a go at getting him on board if only to give him a contract until the end of the season. In Jansen case I can't see the guy wanting a fortune as getting back playing seems to be his main concern.
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:13 pm

With Robbie Fowler and Keith Gillespie also eager to sign up to a struggling Lancashire League 2 side (not Accrington), I'm sure Matt Jansen would jump at the chance to join us :roll:
Harry

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:
IF a player(s) of quality became available ie Jansen then we should have a go at getting him on board if only to give him a contract until the end of the season. In Jansen case I can't see the guy wanting a fortune as getting back playing seems to be his main concern.

With Howe, Taylor, Twiss and a fit again Blinkhorn (and O'Carroll if he fits in Sammy's plans), the last player we need to be signing if we are sailing close to the wage limit is another attacker.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 pm

....could have sworn that Sammy said he wanted another striker.... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 pm

the problem Ive noticed with Morecambe's lack of goals, is it's down to we don't get enough quality crosses across the face of goal for our strikers etc to score

it's a wingers we need! then you would probably see somebody like Rennie Howe get 20+ goals a season
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:14 pm

I agree Dawzi looking at the highlights from saturday both goals were from balls put into the area which is a rare thing. Normally the problem is due to the lack of service the strikers get they have to go off looking for the ball and are never in the area.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 pm

thats why i keep going on all the time about Wainwright! SM should just play on the right wing getting first first time crosses in his preferred position, and now we have Twiss back try him on the left-wing.
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 pm

DawZi wrote:thats why i keep going on all the time about Wainwright! SM should just play on the right wing getting first first time crosses in his preferred position, and now we have Twiss back try him on the left-wing.

Bit old now I think, but anythings worth a try! :D
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 pm

NW put over a superb first time cross for Stanners goal........from the left!
Christies Child

Postby John L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:....could have sworn that Sammy said he wanted another striker.... :?: :?: :?:

Yes, but said striker has ended up at Darlo, so that's the end of that! :(
John L

Postby bigreddog » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 am

Could we put an embargo on CC starting any further pointless, aimless, desultory, purposeless, mind numbing, dead end, wearisome, tedious, take my eyes out with a blunt rusty implement threads. please for the love of all that is holy!!!
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 am

Christies Child wrote:....could have sworn that Sammy said he wanted another striker.... :?: :?: :?:

I'm giving my opinion though, which is nothing to do with what Sammy may or may not have said.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:NW put over a superb first time cross for Stanners goal........from the left!

wow wee for once.
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:55 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

With Howe, Taylor, Twiss and a fit again Blinkhorn (and O'Carroll if he fits in Sammy's plans), the last player we need to be signing if we are sailing close to the wage limit is another attacker.

I agree. We also have Curtis coming back pretty soon. We need a natural left winger - another Lee Elam. Until then, we could try Twiss on the left wing but tbh, I like him in his current position.
james456

Return to General Discussion