Let's get it rocking....

Let's get it rocking....

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

To me, the best thing about being at a football match is the atmosphere, enjoying the experience and helping the team as a 12th man. When the new stadium finally arrives, I hope that every fan can pulltogether to make it a fortress, and create such an atmosphere that will make the whole town proud.

I know its VERY early to be thinking about this, but maybe we could create some new catchy songs that everyone can sing to, that's going to get the place rocking? I love this club, can't wait for Saturday :D
Crooky MFC

Re: Let's get it rocking....

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:42 pm

I agree the atmosphere makes the 12th man, but regardless of what song is sang we never seem to get many joining in other than than the regulars.

That last chant from the last home game stuck in my head all nite and into the follwing day, must have been catchy, Morecambe, Morecambe, best team in the league / land.... by far

Maybe people could start helping pre match and half time blowing up the balloons, but thats like singing they dont / wont or cant tie knots

maybe we should post the words to all our songs so people can sing along.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby mfc:) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Lets start on saturday away at chesterfield get all together or a good amount of people to make a fair lot of noise! Since there is going to be a drum at a away game for once :D
mfc:)

Postby OvertheBar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Shrimps fans at away games always generate a great atmosphere. Me and the missus sing our socks off, but at home games cos we stand away from the 'singers' we generally don't join in.

That should read...'I generally don't join in'. My wife does, but she actually has a good voice, unlike my 'oooh are ya' basso profundo efforts that seem out of place amongst our more sedate neighbours at Christie Park.

Have to agree with Crooky, atmosphere and crowd reaction are a great part of my enjoyment on matchdays. Times may have changed at Chesterfield, but last time I was there away fans were in an open terrace and atmosphere is usually stunted without a roof to project the noise onto the pitch.
OvertheBar

Return to General Discussion