Christie park

Christie park

Postby bill ding » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Was just thinking,if they sold off bits of christie park to nostalgic fans , which bit would you like to have :?: :?:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Re: Christie park

Postby Mark S » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I must admit, I would like a bit of turf to transplant into my garden. :D

A conversation I had with Mids around 1994 came to mind reading that. in the Main Stand there is a huge red stantion (sp?) in the middle that I always have to peer around. I remember saying that I would like to buy it as a reminder of CP if we ever moved.

Wierd but true. Dont know what I would do with it :lol:
Mark S

Postby Morecamber » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I was thinking about this this morning. Some off the red bar from the North Stand.

Randomn I know :lol: :lol:
Morecamber

Postby The Bay » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:23 pm

The shattered window in the press box.....

Sean, Quinny, Glen, I'll fight you for it....
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby marky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

The away changing room window? Stood right by it for many moons :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm

....other than the 'Manager's Office' sign on Sammy's door :lol: :lol: :lol: it's a bit of turf for me!

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Vinny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:....other than the 'Manager's Office' sign on Sammy's door :lol: :lol: :lol: it's a bit of turf for me!

;) ;) ;)

But won't it be worth rolling the turf up in June 2010 and re-laying it at the new ground??? (On top of the new drainage and heating system of course) :roll:

Serious point really. Unless it were to be a mega fund-raising venture. Wouldn't it make sense to make use of the perfectly good turf in the new stadium? Who else would really want to make as good a use of it? Surely far better than ripping up more diminishing salt-marsh? What can you do Chesh??
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Gnasher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 pm

This brings timing into the equation, what can realistically be re-used and what might be available? The close season isn't that long especially if you take friendlies into account which could be used to test drive the new stadium. In those few weeks, what could be taken to the new ground and what will have to be bought again, such as turf, CCTV system, phone system, etc, etc.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby rossi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 am

id love a seat from the Home subs bench, and get it signed by all the players and Sammy Mc ;)

Failing that, a piece of turf from near the corner flag where i stand would be lovely :D
rossi

Postby DTSJim » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 am

I'd pay at least a tenner for the 'next game at christie park sign. (so long as it came with all the names of teams) That'd be class in the front garden.
DTSJim

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:16 am

I have a brick from the Rosebury End stand when that came down! It's in the bathroom.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 am

Vinny says :- But won't it be worth rolling the turf up in June 2010 and re-laying it at the new ground??? (On top of the new drainage and heating system of course)

Neither of these should be a problem as the retractable roof on the B.O.G.O.F stadium should take care of both of those problems . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

The club should realy look at marketing the move and bringing out lots of things like looking back at Christie Park.
I am sure a book could be made with photos of the ground over the years and even action shots of memorable moments over the years like the two promotions, wayne's goals against York, playoff games etc but starting back from as early as possible.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 am

I recently delivered to a Sunderland fans house in Heysham he had a Roker park sign on his front door, a crash barrier at the end of his patio, which had the original Fullwell end sign fastened to it, with turf from roker park on his lawn, cost him a small fortune to transport here, good on him, and his very understanding wife.

I will settle for my very small stand seat, and try to get it autographed by the current squad.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby John L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 pm

Mark S wrote:A conversation I had with Mids around 1994 came to mind reading that. in the Main Stand there is a huge red stantion (sp?) in the middle that I always have to peer around. I remember saying that I would like to buy it as a reminder of CP if we ever moved.

Wierd but true. Dont know what I would do with it :lol:

You could take it with you to the new stadium and erect it in front of your new commentary penthouse!!! ;)

As for me, I think I'd like the scoreboard from the car wash terrace, complete with numbers! 8-)
John L

Postby shrimper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:39 pm

It may have already come onto the board's radar but, whether or not, this is a great idea. Well done Bill for starting this thread.

I will contact someone at the club (they may have already spotted this thread, who knows).

Perhaps an auction hosted by our celebrity 'proper' fan Paul Hayes.

There could be obvious things like turf and seats on offer at fixed prices with other things like signs, tunrstiles etc on a 'make us an offer' basis, put to a proper auction.

I'd be after a sign if one was going plus a little row of seats that I could fix to my garage wall for my girls to sit on with their friends out at the back in summer.

I'll email this thread to some directors now.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Two things for me - both of which would be impossible to get.

Firstly, the crack / join in the North Stand to the right of the goal as you face the pitch. It's the Professionals positioning marker.

Secondly, Les Dewhirst's cupboard door. The list of people who've signed it is incredible.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Gnasher » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't want my microwave back, thanks.

Secondly, Les Dewhirst's cupboard door. The list of people who've signed it is incredible.

Yes, it certainly is and I hope the club do the right thing with them, give 'em to those that have scrounged the signatures.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby shrimper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:30 pm

shrimper wrote:It may have already come onto the board's radar
I'll email this thread to some directors now.

It has, I have, they will.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:13 pm

The club really could make a lot of money from this especially if they go all out and have players and others associated with the club to sign things as the last set of players, management and directors to be part of Christie Park would make everything be worth more sentimentally to the fans.
A few things i'd go for including turf, a corner flag, Sammy's Chair in dugout, something from the main stand as its been there since the beginning of time or as someone previously mentioned a bidding war for the Christie Park Next Match Sign. :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Harry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I'd love to have something from the old ground as a bit of a memento. Probably waste quite a bit of money on it too :lol:
Harry

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Id like some of the metal cladding from the north stand, about 500mm x 500mm would do 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby wijit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:14 pm

The main stand will look great in the back yard!
wijit

Postby postie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

I'd like some coke from the old terrace if there's any to be found.
postie

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:33 pm

John L wrote:
As for me, I think I'd like the scoreboard from the car wash terrace, complete with numbers! 8-)

I will have to fight ya for that one John :!: - unless the club will be transporting it to Westgate? Don't want young Ryan out of a job do we? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion