Going to matches...

Going to matches...

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm

I know i said a few weeks ago that i was not going to go to any more matches due to certain things but i have spoke to a few people over the last few days and realised my decision was maybe a bit silly...i lost my dad three years ago and is ashes are scattered on christie park and i feel if i stopped going it would be letting my dad and my family down - and after the news today about the ground move i certainly want to be there in honour of my dad...i am going to watch games from the paddock from now on as that is where my dad used to stand for over 40 years - hopefully see all my mates at the port vale game next saturday
Howe Magic

Re: Going to matches...

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Welcome back.

There'll be a seat amongst us gentry if you wish!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Silver Fox » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Glad to hear it John don't let 'em grind you down.. :o :lol: :lol:
Silver Fox

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Glad you are coming back John. Good to hear. I started going to CP in '85 and can remember you being there pretty much throughout. We also travelled to so many away games back in the late 80's/early 90's on the team coach. Remember the NPL Cup Semi away at Gateshead on a Wednesday night back in 89/90 ? Got beat 1-3 and arrived back in the small hours.

Sorry to hear about your dad mate. I honestly had no idea, but without a word of a lie I was at the Gillingham game on Saturday and started thinking to myself I hadn't seen him around CP for a while. Like I say John, I had no idea and had not heard.

I'll come and have a chat with you at the PV game in the Paddock !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know you've only got one "true" home, you and a couple of others.

Welcome back, I hope there are others, who in the past have made that same decision, can be brave like you have been.
morecambe mick

Postby Aal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Come and stand near the tunnel and give your encouragement to the lads and Sammy.

Our club needs positive souls like you...

Welcome back on board :D :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:36 am

cheers for that seasider - i will see you at the port vale game and we can have a chat....
Howe Magic

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:06 am

I remember that game at Gateshead, the new Griff signings (Tommo, Robbie, Dulla) alongside a flawed genius, Marvin Ali.

Happy days, welcome back!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:21 am

What ever happened to Marvin Ali Freez eh ?????!!!!!!!

That goal he scored against Blackpool Mechs in the ATS at Crusty was unreal !!!

Supposedly being watched by Hearts, didn't he end up in clink ???
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Did hear a sad tale in the mid 90's that our ressies went to play a pre season friendly at Bootle, and Marvin was on the bench for Bootle. Enjoying a can of beer during the half time kick about. Wasted talent. Brilliant player, way too good for us on his day. those 18-20 games he played still remain long in the memory.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Howe Magic wrote:I know i said a few weeks ago that i was not going to go to any more matches due to certain things but i have spoke to a few people over the last few days and realised my decision was maybe a bit silly...i lost my dad three years ago and is ashes are scattered on christie park and i feel if i stopped going it would be letting my dad and my family down - and after the news today about the ground move i certainly want to be there in honour of my dad...i am going to watch games from the paddock from now on as that is where my dad used to stand for over 40 years - hopefully see all my mates at the port vale game next saturday

To quote Sting "Dont stand so close to me" as my left ear could not cope with the bashing that the officials get from you! (a la Bournemouth) :lol: :lol: Welcome back ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion