GILLINGHAM FANS

GILLINGHAM FANS

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 pm

A big thanks from our lot for bringing a large, friendly, and vocal bunch quite a long way, boosting our gate.
PUNKISDEAD

Re: GILLINGHAM FANS

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 pm

How many did they bring? Couple of hundred max I would say. Still, hell of a way to come and they did make a bit of noise; so fair play.

Over 1800 home fans isn't so bad IMO. With more northern teams to play until the end of the season hopefully we can keep crowds above 2000 every week.

Need to pick up some form on the pitch though. Five wins in 24 isn't going to win over the part-time fans :roll:
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby John L » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Wild Bill wrote:How many did they bring? Couple of hundred max I would say.

250, according to Visitor website.
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Very good bearing in mind the distance they travelled in a difficult time of year money wise, had a bit of good crack with a few of them in the main stand bar, they had paid cash to get in the stand so that makes at least 256.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby sgt major » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:42 pm

The lads and lasses that came into the York were top notch. They drank loads, played pool, played cards, appreciated the footie on the tv and chatted well with the locals - it reminded me of how we used to be on our travels in the good old days.

Now we are a league club and obviously the credit crunch, we have turned into a quiet and small numbered away bunch far from home.

Ah well - when we have a 100 year league history we may well be like those loyal fans that travelled all that distance to follow their team. Now all we need is to get more following us at home - mind you, there were probably more people from Morecambe at Preston V Burnley than there were at Chrisite Park.

More in your face marketing required methinks.
sgt major

Return to General Discussion