OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:24 am

As a fan, I personally feel that we need to be told more directly from the board of directors what is happening at the club in general, via the Visitor or whatever, as lack of info leads to speculation, i.e, we have not really had an explanation about why we exceded, will our wage cap be lower next season ,wage cap, is it possible that the new stadium will be shelved etc, a five minute straight talking chat with somebody like glen cooper from a member of the board now and then would keep the fans in the picture a bit more.
PUNKISDEAD

Re: OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Postby marky » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:27 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:is it possible that the new stadium will be shelved

If that happened they'd be consigning us to the conference within 2 years so I don't think it's likely. As for providing information, we've never had the most media savvy board but then most clubs don't go into too much detail when it comes to finances.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:37 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:As a fan, I personally feel that we need to be told more directly from the board of directors what is happening at the club in general, via the Visitor or whatever, as lack of info leads to speculation, i.e, we have not really had an explanation about why we exceded, will our wage cap be lower next season ,wage cap, is it possible that the new stadium will be shelved etc, a five minute straight talking chat with somebody like glen cooper from a member of the board now and then would keep the fans in the picture a bit more.

There was an explaination of the wage cap situation in yesterdays programme. Also an update on the new stadium.

Maybe Shaun could reproduce it either on here or on the Official site for the fans who didnt or couldnt buy a programme?
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:47 am

Mark S wrote:
PUNKISDEAD wrote:As a fan, I personally feel that we need to be told more directly from the board of directors what is happening at the club in general, via the Visitor or whatever, as lack of info leads to speculation, i.e, we have not really had an explanation about why we exceded, will our wage cap be lower next season ,wage cap, is it possible that the new stadium will be shelved etc, a five minute straight talking chat with somebody like glen cooper from a member of the board now and then would keep the fans in the picture a bit more.

There was an explaination of the wage cap situation in yesterdays programme. Also an update on the new stadium.

Maybe Shaun could reproduce it either on here or on the Official site for the fans who didnt or couldnt buy a programme?

An excellent suggestion Mark considering that I would assume that the vast majority of SVs don't buy a programme.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:51 am

An excellent suggestion Mark considering that I would assume that the vast majority of SVs don't buy a programme.

Things add up mate, these are not easy times, i spend over £30 a time going to C.P.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:58 am

Mark S wrote:

not a problem at all keep your eyes posted on the official site for up to date news from the club
Shrimpsscene

Postby campdave » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:An excellent suggestion Mark considering that I would assume that the vast majority of SVs don't buy a programme.

assume makes an ass out of u and me
campdave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 pm

From the programme:
"The New Stadium plans are moving along at a pace now. the Board have been very aware that details to you the supporters have been at best sporadic. There have been very good reasons for this, not least that in order for us to announce starting dates, an inordinate amount of work has had to be completed on some very complicated contracts. I would like to take this opportunity to commend Stephen wright and latterly David Robinson on a job well done.
The first part of the project is the new facilities for Westagate wanderers FC on King George's fields. The tenders for the works are due back next week and we could be in a position to start as soon as the week of the 12th. On completion WWFC will move from the Stadium site and enabling works can begin. a massive amount of ground works will need to be done in bringing the ground levels up before we can even start the construction phase.
I am sure my fellow Board members will take the opportunity to keep you informed of progress in upcoming programmesand it won't be long before you will be able to see progress for yourselves when driving down Westgate" (Mark Dixon)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Also to explain the embargo Neil Marsdin wrote:
"During the month of July, the FL sends out documents that you are required to complete. This document requests that you list all your expected income, from all sources, and all your expected expenditure. The income side of it is to some extent to estimate projected revenue, which can change and do change during the following months. Gate income, revenue and prize money from cup games are taken into account. also the previous years actual figures are on the form for comparison, so the FL can always see that the figures given are reasonable. The expenditure is listed likewise with the previous years expenditure listed as a comparitor. Wage figures for players are listed on a seperate sheet and these are to include all bonus payments and also N.I. costs, although players under 20 do not count towards the final figure. Also all incoming loan players costs are added, as all outgoing players are deducted. the final part of this is that the playing budget should be no more than 55% of total allowable turnover. So for easy figures, if your total turnover is £1million, your playing budget should be no more than £550,000 if you reach that 55% you then have a leeway of 5% to use, if you can guarantee that the signing you are making does not lift you over the 60%.
In December you receive another document from the FL, the same as July, and you have to update the estimates for July and revise the second half of the year. Due to various factors our income was not at the level we had hoped for, and our expenditure had also risen from what we projected. Therefore when calculated against our wages, both actual and contracted, we had exceeded the 60% of turnover. Therefore until we return to less than 60% the embargo will remain. It should be noted that if we reduce players wages (by players leaving) you benefit from the full 100% of the monetary reduction, however if it is cash income, you would only benefit by 60p in the pound. I hope that I have explained the position as to the mechanics of the salary cap system , although I am not convinced I am in agreement with a system that is only mandatory in League 2."
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:50 pm

:D

I wasnt being lazy Mark, although its very kind of you to type that up.

I was concerned about copyright infringement and plaguerism of someone elses work. :o

Shaun - Maybe you could clarify the position. Do you or the club have an issue with the reproduction? No problem if you do.
Mark S

Postby Gnasher » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Do you or the club have an issue with the reproduction?

Sean once announced he couldn't keep it up ..... the match poster that is :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Mark S wrote::D

I wasnt being lazy Mark, although its very kind of you to type that up.

I was concerned about copyright infringement and plaguerism of someone elses work. :o

Shaun - Maybe you could clarify the position. Do you or the club have an issue with the reproduction? No problem if you do.

No p.c. when i was away so was just checking my fingers still work :lol:

I can understand people getting upset if I had typed it 5 hours before kick off 8-)

As CC says quite a few on here don't buy programmes for various reasons. The management have clarified the position regarding the Stadium and the Embargo via the Programme. Maybe this will show a few that said Programme is good value and brings the fans up to date with information rather than gossip and heresay and is not necessarily full of adverts!

Rene even tells us that he received the tenner from Sky :!: - so go out and buy one - its a good read ;)
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I would have thought that didn't infringe on copyright because it is a quote that has been clearly credited. It isn't the full article. It the entire programme was reproduced, that would clearly be a breach of copyright but this is the same as a reference in written piece, IMHO.

Obviously we'd prefer you to use the Harvard Referencing System in future Marky :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Keith wrote:I would have thought that didn't infringe on copyright because it is a quote that has been clearly credited. It isn't the full article. It the entire programme was reproduced, that would clearly be a breach of copyright but this is the same as a reference in written piece, IMHO.

Obviously we'd prefer you to use the Harvard Referencing System in future Marky :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Nothing about the stadium on here:
http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
:lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:26 pm

It is a great programme. I enjoy reading it on a Sunday afternoon.

I submitted this last week for yesterdays programme.

It’s a Funny Old Game!

I think it was Jimmy Greaves as part of one half of Saint & Greavsie who coined the phrase “football’s a funny old game”.

Sometimes we forget that it is just that, a game.

Bill Shankly was also famous for saying “It’s not a matter of life or death, its more important than that”.

Over my many years as a Morecambe fan, a diehard Morecambe fan at that, I have seen many other diehards come, get caught up in the passion and expectations, give all their energy and full commitment to the Club, only to eventually burn out and never to be seen again. For some it becomes all consuming and is the be all and end all of life.

Sometimes we all get caught up in a moment and pin all our hopes and dreams on 90 minutes of 11 men in red being able to score more goals than the opposition. We take it personally when we lose. We celebrate like we have won the lottery when we win. I saw grown men cry at Wembley when we took our place in the Football League, and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s what we pay our money for but we have got to take the rough with the smooth. We all love Morecambe FC. Some of us even have a saying ‘Don’t let the football ruin your day out’

I was extremely sad this week to see a guy who has been coming to Christie Park for over 20 years, home and away publicly declare that he has had enough and will not be coming back. Classic burn out. He stated that he couldn’t take the bickering and negativity on the terraces and on the fans internet messageboard, Shrimpsvoices.

As one of the Moderators, I felt bad about this for a few days and felt like I had contributed to his demise by helping to run a site where all things Shrimp are discussed. I worried that the club had lost a fan and some badly needed income. After long and hard reflection my feelings about this changed. I realised that Shrimpsvoices does more good than harm and has on countless occasions encouraged new fans and generated income for this wonderful club. It provides a service and a facility to the fans, keeping the enthusiasm and passion alive between matches. Ok it has its drawbacks and gives a voice to one or two wannabe managers or Directors. It has its fair share of attention seekers and mischief makers. It gives the opportunity for one or two to ‘demand’ answers to questions that they would never have the courage to ask to club officials directly to their faces. Most importantly it provides an outlet between matches for fellow fans and it is sometimes a fun place to be with lots of good natured humour.

My advice to the fans who take it a bit too seriously on Shrimpsvoices is this.

Don’t.

In fact don’t believe a word you read on there. Take everything with a large pinch of salt. Whether it be a fifteen year old lad winding people up about Robbie Fowler signing, someone getting kicks out of trying to impress with his ‘inside knowledge’, a group of juvenile ‘fortysomethings’ going for cheap laughs (ahem!), or an ex pat Australian rambling on after too much Amber Nectar, none of it is to be taken seriously. Just enjoy being part of it and join in!

Win, lose, good times or bad times, we all have a common bond.

Come on the Shrimps!
Mark S

Postby Aal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Thought the piece by Neil Marsdin was extremely helpful yesterday, and agree with him that it's unfair to impose that cap on just League 2!!

By the way I think we are lucky to have such a good board. Folk like Steve Wright who are already busy people through their line of work give an enormous amount of time and expertise to make our club the club that it is. :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Good point Mark.

Mark S wrote:It is a great programme. I enjoy reading it on a Sunday afternoon.

If you go to page 38 of the Programme you will see my photo of K.P. in the Phillipines!
Can I make it clear that the lady in the photo is Kens WIFE - not partner!

I don't want to be shot at when they get back - and it's all Sean's fault :!: :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:37 pm

[quote="Aal"]Thought the piece by Neil Marsdin was extremely helpful yesterday, and agree with him that it's unfair to impose that cap on just League 2!!

By the way I think we are lucky to have such a good board. Folk like Steve Wright who are already busy people through their line of work give an enormous amount of time and expertise to make our club the club that it is. :D[/quote

Totally agree on both points.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Mark S wrote:

Doh! All my work wasted! :lol:
http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 07,00.html
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 pm

NOTE FROM MODERATOR

A whole series of childish posts have been removed. Frankly its the reason people get pissed off sometimes with Shrimpsvoices. There was no need for the pathetic personal comments that this included. Apologies to Aal and Bare Ben who merely commented on them but had to go too.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Aal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks for doing that Posh, I was trying to stop them getting personal and rude to each other.

I stand by what I said earlier...we have a terrific board of directors :D
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:01 pm

My sincere apology to all for my part in what was a silly spat.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby Aal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Well said CC. I know you care passionately about our club and it takes a brave man to apologise.
Aal

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Christies Child wrote:My sincere apology to all for my part in what was a silly spat.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Nice one Neil. I actually don't think you said much wrong but I had to delete everything.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:34 pm

I am sorry my post has caused a bit of bother, for the record i am sure we have a board who work hard for the good of the team and i have noticed that the club have today on the official site explained the transfer embargo, which is the sort of thing we want, anyway, if i had bought a programme yesterday i would not have posted this topic this morning, as for the ground query, if everything goes tits up we can all go and watch westgate wanderers at king georges!!
PUNKISDEAD

Next

Return to General Discussion