Our squad

Our squad

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Including loans we have had 27 players on our books at one time this season which seems madness. At most I think we should have a squad of 22 and if you want to bring in a few loans through the season maybe start off with even less say 20.

Looking at our squad list

Roche
Bentley
Stanley
Drummond
McStay
Taylor

IMO thos 6 are the only players who should be guaranteed a squad place for next season

Players who can still do a job for us are:-

Hunter
yates
Davies
Howard (if he can get fit )
McLachlan

That leaves:-

Artell - has always given us 100% but time for a change at the back to get some pace at the back.
Twiss - Struggled since we made the football league and at the end of his contract
Wainwright - (Not the answer to our problems although as he is right footed maybe we should play him on the right!)
Edge - Why do we have 3 keepers on the books?
O'caroll - If he is not going to get a chance let him get 1st team football otherwise give him a run out and lets see what he can do
Mccann - Nothing special hasn't added anything extra to the team
Carr - Not been convincing but needs a chance if he isn't going to get it let him play 1st team football
Blinkhorn - see how he does towards the end of the season
Parrish - Nothing special and hasn't added anything to the team
Bell - Doubt he will be given a chance
Adams - Contract is up and getting to slow for league football
Curtis - Think we have missed his runs down the left and his fair share of goals he contributes but end of contract and we need to free the wage bill up.

Howe (Hope we can keep him if we get some creative players he would do well)
Carlton (could we get him back? Would add pace to the side but still not conviced he would be a 20 goal a season man)
McGivern (Hope he has a good career we would have been stuck without him)
Lloyd (Released)

In summer I think top of the shopping list should be a CB with some pace, a left winger, a right winger and a creative midfielder and maybe a left back depending on Howard's fitness.

I would like to see us get some wide men and with some extra creativity we could go back to 4-4-2.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Our squad

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 pm

my clear out

Adams
McLachlan
Edge [as said above dont realy need 3 if where looking to save money]]
Bell
Curtis
Howard [only if he cant prove his fitness by the summer]
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Minder » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 pm

very interesting outlook on a slightly oversized squad.

lewis edge was given a contract, i believe, due to scott davies being injured and looking doubtful for a long period of time.

I think yates deserves to be here next season as he's the only one running the show on the right at the moment.
Christies Minder

PT INDIES SQUAD PLAYERS??

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:30 am

Given the fact that we are in the biggest world financial crisis since the great depression in the 1920,s, unemployment is going to shoot through the roof this year, anad it is very doubtful that the new stadium will happen any time soon, how do you know that the six players you deem fit to wear the morecambe shirt will not go to somewhere like Australia next year??

Terry likes it at Sydney

We are not going down , we are punching above our weight, and the players do not need to read on here, negative [stuff]!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:56 am

I might not agree with wot you wrote but I defend your right to write wot you wrote...

or something like that? A few posts may have been deleted...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:10 am

P/T Indie wrote:Including loans we have had 27 players on our books at one time this season which seems madness. At most I think we should have a squad of 22 and if you want to bring in a few loans through the season maybe start off with even less say 20.

Looking at our squad list

Roche
Bentley
Stanley
Drummond
McStay
Taylor

IMO thos 6 are the only players who should be guaranteed a squad place for next season

Players who can still do a job for us are:-

Hunter
yates
Davies
Howard (if he can get fit )
McLachlan

That leaves:-

Artell - has always given us 100% but time for a change at the back to get some pace at the back.
Twiss - Struggled since we made the football league and at the end of his contract
Wainwright - (Not the answer to our problems although as he is right footed maybe we should play him on the right!)
Edge - Why do we have 3 keepers on the books?
O'caroll - If he is not going to get a chance let him get 1st team football otherwise give him a run out and lets see what he can do
Mccann - Nothing special hasn't added anything extra to the team
Carr - Not been convincing but needs a chance if he isn't going to get it let him play 1st team football
Blinkhorn - see how he does towards the end of the season
Parrish - Nothing special and hasn't added anything to the team
Bell - Doubt he will be given a chance
Adams - Contract is up and getting to slow for league football
Curtis - Think we have missed his runs down the left and his fair share of goals he contributes but end of contract and we need to free the wage bill up.

Howe (Hope we can keep him if we get some creative players he would do well)
Carlton (could we get him back? Would add pace to the side but still not conviced he would be a 20 goal a season man)
McGivern (Hope he has a good career we would have been stuck without him)
Lloyd (Released)

In summer I think top of the shopping list should be a CB with some pace, a left winger, a right winger and a creative midfielder and maybe a left back depending on Howard's fitness.

I would like to see us get some wide men and with some extra creativity we could go back to 4-4-2.

I would list my guaranteed to be in the squad players next season as :
Roche
Yates
Bentley
Stanley
Drummond (contract goes to Summer 2010)
Twiss (contract goes to Summer 2010)
Howe (if we can persuade him to sign for us)
Wainright (contract goes to Summer 2010)
McStay
Carr (contract goes to Summer 2010)
Davies

Taylor should go on a season long loan to a Conference National club to "toughen" him up so that he can learn how to counter old pro defenders.

Jury out on:
Parrish
McCann

I would envisage the following players being released/not offered a new contract or made available for transfer:
Curtis (to Barrow)
Artell (Sammy has already tried to loan him out)
Blinkhorn (sorry Jody!)
Hunter
McLatchlan
Howard
Adams
Bell
O'Carroll
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 am

i thought O'Carrol showed some good touches when he came on as sub yesterday
George Dawes

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:53 am

O Carroll is on a one year contract, it was stated when he came here, that he was putting himself in the shop window for a bigger club???

I argued at the start of the season that the squad was far too big and the reserves were a waste of money and look whats happened.

we do not need 3 keepers
5 or 6 strikers, etc.

and not many midfielders!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Return to General Discussion