fraser

fraser

Postby mainstand » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:01 pm

he should have been taken off earlier
mainstand

Re: fraser

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Frazer did not have the best of games, but he was not alone, I think he pairs up well with SD, I think Stuart would have made a difference today.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby morecambelad » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 pm

have to agree with you how is gets in the first team i dont know passing the ball backwards most of the time hope hunter can take is place soon
morecambelad

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:30 pm

McCann. for the holding role
George Dawes

Postby Bolio » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:37 pm

I am fraser's worst fan but I can see how his talent (or lack off in some people's eyes) can be used to effect. He is good at breaking up play on the opponants attack and if someone , SD or CS can then offer him the option of a 5 yeard pass and then build from there after he has won the ball. I think this would credit and compliment him more. and suit his role.

But IMO hunter is much better at his role and SD is a must at cm.
North - West best!
Bolio

Postby BHmfc » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:27 pm

The team selection was wrong today, Twiss and Wainwright will never work, it weakens the midfield which then leaves the defence exposed. McLachlan had a stinker but in fairness to the lad he is not a passer/scorer/playmaker but a player who can sit between defence and midfield and break up opposition play, but only if we play a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation. Stanley ran his socks off but Twiss and Wainwright gave us very little, with few, if any quality balls going into the box for Taylor and Howe. I felt sorry for Taylor because his ability is to get onto the end of crosses coming into the box but if the final ball is not delivered,even a top striker will look poor. The only plus side for me today is that we kept plugging away and just maybe snatch a goal, but we do lack a quality wide player.
BHmfc

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:02 pm

still cant understand why SM plays right footed players on the left wing being unable to cross the ball early

when in pre season Wainwright " ON THE RIGHT SIDE" with his "RIGHT FOOT" was one of our best players..

we now have Twiss with a left foot & crossing ability :?
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:09 pm

DawZi wrote:when in pre season Wainwright " ON THE RIGHT SIDE" with his "RIGHT FOOT" was one of our best players..

I must admit, I think that's why Wainwright hasn't yet shone as he should. Stick him in his best position and let him feed Taylor & Howe.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 pm

I disagree about Twiss not contributing anything today ,I thought he played some excellent moves in 2nd half but was let down a lot by lack of movement forward by wainwright and mclachlan and taylors lack of experience, Wainwright did not run into spaces and tended to hang back and wait for ball to feet and then do very little with it We need Curtis back from Barrow
parkyboy

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:37 am

Wainwright was screaming for the ball, unmarked, lots of times in the second half, he may have , or not made a difference,but i rate him.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am

Personally, I think McLachlan has been poor for the last several games. His passing is woeful but many argue that he is not a playmaker and is only there to break up play... I don't even think he's being doing that well recently tbh. Even on his better days, he does work hard and fufil this defensive role but he gives the ball away so often with his dodgey passing that he's a liability. IMO, Hunter is a similar player but with more skill and passing ability.

As for Wainwright, he wasn't great today but didn't see much of the ball. Most of our attacks were through the centre or the other flank. At Bradford, he did recieve the ball enough and was very effective.
james456

Postby halfwayliner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:53 am

Absolutely spot on Parkyboy.
halfwayliner

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:56 am

i think Twiss can hack it at L2, hopefully he will prove this in the team till the end of the season, after a long lay-off
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 pm

BHmfc wrote:Stanley ran his socks off but Twiss and Wainwright gave us very little, with few, if any quality balls going into the box for Taylor and Howe.

Twiss MOM in my opinion, guess it shows what different people think. I have to admit I can't stand Stanley - for every good pass, there are two or three in my opinion that are poor, gets involved in off the ball stick too often and his shooting from distance is woeful.
campdave

Postby postie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:12 pm

fraser works extremely hard and runs his socks off for the team.ok,his passing is poor at times but he wins the ball more than any other player.give the lad some credit.
postie

Return to General Discussion