today

today

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:39 pm

terrible 1st half by us,much better 2nd without showing much quality,deserved a point but gillingham back 4 were excellent and cleared any danger.Great save from stanners but was not upset to see oli go off he looked class
very disappointing we struggle against sides who run at us with pace as in 1st half. We did not do much in last 1/3 showing our striking problems as we have struggled to score goals all season clearly demonstrated with only Grimsby scoring less
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Re: today

Postby Harry » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Hard to think of a more frustrating game finishing wise. We were camped in their area for the best part of a minute but couldn't give the ball a whack! Every other opportunity we had we just couldn't find the back of the net - or get it off the ground it seemed!
Harry

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:53 pm

our midfield is a shambles it's not L2 standard. they dont create enough chances for our forwards

the only plus+ for me was Twiss, although id play him more out wide in the left to cross the ball
George Dawes

Postby halfwayliner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm

At the moment it is not even conference standard
halfwayliner

Postby Mark S » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 pm

We certainly missed Drummy.
Mark S

Postby halfwayliner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:04 pm

How come we cannot shoot yet we still practice for 1/2hr before the match. :roll:
halfwayliner

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:08 pm

been a complaint of mine for some time that we just do not shoot enough particularly when the conditions are difficult making it difficult for a keeper.We have been tip tapping about with one touch too many for a lomng time.
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Bolio » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Sum's it up really when the only way we looked like scoring today was when stanley curled a ball in form the left and it nearly swirled in from his cross. Oh and Taylor should have leathered his chance in instead of cutting in , well trying to. We always want 1 more touch than we should need. I thought Gillingham were a great advert for fast football but to be honest we made them look good and Fraser needs a spell in "how to pass to a team mate school".

At time I wonder whether we would cope in BSP and im being serious.

Drummond is needed back quickly!
North - West best!
Bolio

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:37 pm

our midfield is a shambles it's not L2 standard. they dont create enough chances for our forwards

Missed Drummie and Henry badly, not just for themselves but for the fact that their absence entailed a switch back to our less successful 4-4-2 formation. But we were worth a draw at least for the second half performance. Also we could easily have had 2 penalties early in the game - one for a hand ball that the ref claimed hit the player's chest (even though he was nursing his hand for the next 5 minutes!) and one for a shirt pull on Aaron. We'll certainly play worse than that and win before the end of the season.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:41 pm

We got what we deserved today I'm afraid.

Bloody Awful.
morecambe mick

Postby Mark S » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Not sure about the first claim. The ball would have hit his chest anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree about the pull on Taylor though. I reckon a more experienced player would have fallen backwards and got it. Aarron tried to shirk it off.
Mark S

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:48 pm

With all due respect, Mark, that's absurd. You could say that the ball would hit something else any time it hits a hand!!!
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Mark S » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Welshrimp wrote:

With all due respect, Mark, that's absurd. You could say that the ball would hit something else any time it hits a hand!!!

I dont admit to knowing the rules inside out thats for sure.

The way I see it the shot was a rocket and whether his hand was in front of his chest or not it would have been blocked by hitting him square on the chest. If his hand was away from his body or even down by the side of his body, I would say yes Handball.

When players are defending a free kick and build a wall, they tend to protect the crown jewels by placing a hand over them. If the shot at goal was to hit the groin area and hit a protective hand is that handball? Genuine question. I dont know.
Mark S

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

yes its hand ball
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Minder » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm

I thought the rule was 'moving your hand towards the ball'. In which case, when protecting your crown jewels, you don't move your hands towards the ball trying to deflect it purposely.
Christies Minder

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Obviously we missed Drummy today.

I thought Taylor looked lightweight and maybe Sammy should have played Twissy alongside Rene Howe.

I assume Carr is injured as he would have been a decent replacement for Drummy.

Fraser didn't have one of his better games today either and his place would be in jeopardy if it wasn't for the embargo.

According to Mark Mace in the programme notes we can expect some incoming transfers by the time we play Port Vale in 2 weeks so maybe he knows something that we don't.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 pm

We need at least 5 new faces on todays showing
parkyboy

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:19 pm

In the words of Craig Revel-Horwood.....

'D' 'U' 'double L;

DULL !!!
Weetabix Kid

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:24 pm

outsider wrote:yes its hand ball

No it's not. Law 12 states...

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following four offences:

* tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
* holds an opponent
* spits at an opponent
* handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
* A direct free kick is taken from where the offence occurred.

Handling the ball deliberately is usually interpreted as placing your arm or hand into the flight of the ball. The players hand has to be somewhere on the pitch! If the arm is tucked in close to the body (or covering the bollocks!) it is clearly being moved 'away' from the ball. If the arms are to the side or raised above the head or the player jumps into the flight of the ball, then there is some 'deliberate' act.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 pm

:oops: i stand corrected

i am sorry

If the arm is tucked in close to the body (or covering the bollocks!) it is clearly being moved 'away' from the ball.

but if the ball is shot at that area of the body then they are not being moved away? unless you have a very brave wall
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:37 pm

outsider wrote::oops: i stand corrected

i am sorry

If the arm is tucked in close to the body (or covering the bollocks!) it is clearly being moved 'away' from the ball.

but if the ball is shot at that area of the body then they are not being moved away? unless you have a very brave wall

Were they there 'before' the shot was taken? If so, they weren't 'deliberately' placed in the flight of the ball. If you hold your arms above your head at the free kick, you are deliberately making yourself 'bigger', therefore there is a 'deliberate' act.

Mark S wrote:I dont admit to knowing the rules inside out thats for sure.

What "rules"? :roll: :roll: :roll: I tried to resist, honestly I did...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:45 pm

is it possible that as a cost cutting measure the players have had their goal scoring bonus scrapped so they just don't bother trying to score :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though when we get the ball into the interesting third of the pitch we forget what the game is about .Need to sort this and quickly :!:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:In the words of Craig Revel-Horwood.....

'D' 'U' 'double L;

DULL !!!

The thing is it's the same every week and that's why attendances are so low people just aren't been entertained. Even the most hardcore fan must admit it was hard work today stood watching a team that can hardly create a shot on goal and nothing on the pitch to get the crowd warmed up on a freezing cold day.

Sometimes I think our players forget which way they are kicking as they always seem to pass it backwards and to the keeper. This has been happening for sometimes as it's why poor Joe lewis kept getting injured last season.

Good attacking teams are taught to get the ball and always try and move it forward we just pass it sideways a few times back to the keeper and then a big hoof up bitch to noone apart from their centre backs.

Whats happened to the Morecambe of old who played nice football and were exciting to watch and created chances when our two flair players left last season Baker & Thommo we havent even tried to replace them the only attacking midfielder we brought in was Wainwright.

I seriously doubt if we would be midtable in the conference playing the way we are and if some of our players are even conference standard. We are along way of the standard we were in the conference and I don't mean the team that got us promoted even the team that we were finishing just outside the playoffs with.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Sharpy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Fraser was hopeless today! and was partly to blame for their goal, along with bently and artell.
artell was nowhere to be seen and jim just stood off their striker as he walked past. he made no attempt to stop him getting past.
Hunter needed to be brought on earlier to have made an impact. we play far better when he is on the pitch! fraser is just not good enough at this level.
Stanley was a good shout for mom, along with yates and howe. both played their socks off.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 pm

It's simple, we don't have a match winner. The sooner we offload players who arent good enough, the better. In the summer i hope we get LOT'S of pace, and people who are going to shoot.
Crooky MFC

Next

Return to General Discussion