Atmosphere Tommorrow

Atmosphere Tommorrow

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Let's make it a cracking atmosphere Tommorrow everyone, after 2 or 3 weeks without a game I can't wait to make some noise, hope everyone else feels the same!!
Crooky MFC

Re: Atmosphere Tommorrow

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm

hope its better than the teenage thugs on the rampage who spoiled the atmosphere on homfray grove tonight
:evil:
Shrimpsscene

Postby sardine » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 pm

will you be up in time for this one ;)
sardine

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 pm

:lol: :oops: Secretly I knew it was going to be called off anyway :P
Crooky MFC

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:hope its better than the teenage thugs on the rampage who spoiled the atmosphere on homfray grove tonight

I live on your street Sean, what happened? :o
Crooky MFC

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:32 am

Crooky MFC wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:hope its better than the teenage thugs on the rampage who spoiled the atmosphere on homfray grove tonight

i know you do

20 13/14 year olds causing mayhem
my windows pelted with stones
ive the police coming early doors
ho hum
nice quiet streets in morecambe are there any left?????????????
need to get the access to mcdonalds shut off would help
one for tony wade he guards the access :roll:
Shrimpsscene

Postby sandgrown » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:

i know you do

20 13/14 year olds causing mayhem
my windows pelted with stones
ive the police coming early doors
ho hum
nice quiet streets in morecambe are there any left?????????????
need to get the access to mcdonalds shut off would help
one for tony wade he guards the access :roll:

didn't know about this, quiet at my end, making enquiries though !
sandgrown

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Let's make it a cracking atmosphere Tommorrow everyone, after 2 or 3 weeks without a game I can't wait to make some noise, hope everyone else feels the same!!

What went wrong :?: Never heard the north stand so quiet as today. the balloons are getting less , even the drummer appears to be running out of enthusiasm :?: :?: :?:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:43 pm

the last 10 mins were a credit to the young lads they did try with there new chant/song, but by then i think everybody had given up hope.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:50 pm

:!:
outsider wrote:the last 10 mins were a credit to the young lads they did try with there new chant/song, but by then i think everybody had given up hope.

Agrred , but the previous 80 minutes were pretty quiet . i am sure this must have an effect on the players after all they are playing to an audience .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Muzzer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm

well what you could do is start your own chants, or even join in while there's a song ;) ;) ...

whats the point of chanting when there are only 7 people at the top willing and know the words. an examle of this was a disastrous bring me sunshine chant nearing the end of the game :oops:
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Harry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Muzzer wrote:well what you could do is start your own chants, or even join in while there's a song ;) ;) ...

Exactly. I don't see how people can criticise the North Stand's volume or atmosphere, if they don't join in. Especially people who are in the same stand! They know how they can make the difference and that's singing along. If they're using the excuse of feeling uncomfortable because no one around them is doing the same, try it for one game and see if they join in too. If not, change where you stand!
Harry

Postby sgt major » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:03 pm

I went up to the North Stand in the first half and tried to help the young uns out - we started well but, and I'm sorry - the rubbish that was on offer from the lads on the pitch didnt warrant a hurrah more like a boo (but God forbid anyone who does that when the booing police get on this site - mind you - have you heard Premiership fans on Sky when their team plays crap!!!! and most people on here support one)

Anyhow - I met up with Carlisle Paul and we tried to get things going in the second half but as somone has already said folk just arent joning in. We are actually a crap home following compared to many teams and I have experience at all levels of footie watching home and abroad. To be honest there is no volume, I say this having watched a few games from the paddock - it's only when we score that any volume is raised, its a fact of life that mature voices are required (no disrespect to the young lads - they are trying their best), but older lads wont get together and sing.

We need about 100 blokes in the age range 25 - 50 to form a mass on the North Stand and that would get it all going - alas I dont think it will happen, most fellers of that age group now prefer to spend most of the game in the bar watching the match on the TV. Has atmosphere been lost to profit?

Even though the game was rubbish -I praise the gallant North Standers (well those that sang) for continuing to get behind the team right to the end and clapped them off the pitch whilst some of our former North Standers were, as I have said were in the bar.
sgt major

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm

INCLUDING YOURSELF??
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:05 am

As you'll probably know, I'm one of the few 14 - 17 year old lads up their that sing to every song, every game. I don't understand why some just don't have the enthusiam sometimes, its just the way it is. Anyhow, I hope we take a good number down to Chesterfield and Stanley (we need to outsing them in that one), with as many people singing as possible.
Crooky MFC

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 am

sgt major wrote: We are actually a crap home following compared to many teams and I have experience at all levels of footie watching home and abroad.

Thanks for your honest assessment, I'm sure we'll all be delighted to know what you think of us.
campdave

Postby sgt major » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 am

campdave wrote:
sgt major wrote: We are actually a crap home following compared to many teams and I have experience at all levels of footie watching home and abroad.

Thanks for your honest assessment, I'm sure we'll all be delighted to know what you think of us.

To Campdave and punkisdead

Only been in the bar about three occasions this season and never in the second half - always there to see the team off the pitch.

The comment on the crap home atmosphere is not getting at anyone in particular it's just the ABSOLUTE TRUTH - do you ever come up to the top of the North Stand to try and generate some atmosphere???

I wear my heart on my sleeeve regarding supporting Morecambe FC - just wish a lot more would.
sgt major

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:48 am

sgt major wrote:
The comment on the crap home atmosphere is not getting at anyone in particular it's just the ABSOLUTE TRUTH - do you ever come up to the top of the North Stand to try and generate some atmosphere???

No - why should I have to? I pay to watch football, not join a choir.
campdave

Return to General Discussion