O/T PIE-ORITIES.

Re: O/T PIE-ORITIES.

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 am

Potted Shrimp wrote:The pies at The Globe are very good, although it would be nice to see some variety in flavours other than meat and potato and chicken and leek. Some suggestions:

Chicken Balti.
Minted Lamb and potato.
Steak.
Ham and cheese.
Chicken and mushroom.

The hotdogs are outstanding but I really wish cheeseburgers were available.

It's a tough one to gauge for the catering staff but some of the flavours you've highlighted sound great,
Maybe a 'pie of the month' rolling with the usual suspects? ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm

They did a chicken curry pie for a couple of games in January, it sold well, and was proper tasty.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Andy D » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Freez wrote:They did a chicken curry pie for a couple of games in January, it sold well, and was proper tasty.

Chicken n Balti, that nice i went back for a 2nd ;)
Andy D

Postby skyecat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Are any flavours, other than Chicken Ham and Leek, Potato and Meat, and Cheese and Onion available in the home terrace behind the goal?
I see a Lamb and vegetable won, and was it an Apple pie? I've never even seen them advertised let alone tried one!
I really do wish they'd sell them in the shop.
If we cook them from frozen, then why down we sell them frozen?
Surely a freezer in the shop, stocking all varieties would be possible?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby redrobo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:39 pm

skyecat wrote:Are any flavours, other than Chicken Ham and Leek, Potato and Meat, and Cheese and Onion available in the home terrace behind the goal?
I see a Lamb and vegetable won, and was it an Apple pie? I've never even seen them advertised let alone tried one!

Often wondered why we haven't invested in a display freezer to sell frozen pies of all types.

Could be a nice little earner for the club.

Wonder if the cost of a freezer could be something the Trust could look into....should be able to get one that has been used elsewhere :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:09 pm

redrobo wrote:
skyecat wrote:Are any flavours, other than Chicken Ham and Leek, Potato and Meat, and Cheese and Onion available in the home terrace behind the goal?

Often wondered why we haven't invested in a display freezer to sell frozen pies of all types.

Could be a nice little earner for the club.

Wonder if the cost of a freezer could be something the Trust could look into....should be able to get one that has been used elsewhere :?: :?: :?:

A wonderful idea but surely they won't be included in your food ration book being issued soon :o
back to the good old days of tripe and cow-heel :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:47 am

That's the funniest thing you have posted for ages Neil :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:That's the funniest thing you have posted for ages Neil :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Hollands will be holding an extraordinary general meeting if this comes to fruition :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:49 am

mrpotatohead wrote:That's the funniest thing you have posted for ages Neil :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For once in your sad life post something positive rather having a go at others.

Maybe a suggestion or three about how the club can raise some money especially in the current circumstances would be most welcome but that takes some brain power..... :roll:

I bet you'd be one of the first in the que if the club was to sell pies through the club shop.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:30 am

redrobo wrote:

Maybe a suggestion or three about how the club can raise some money especially in the current circumstances would be most welcome but that takes some brain power..... :roll:

I bet you'd be one of the first in the que if the club was to sell pies through the club shop.

I think we all would now Craven's is shut ;)
Best pies in town bar non but sadly we're going without today and will have to make do with, whatever is on offer, knowing the wife, it'll be soup again :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby Brian S » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:46 pm

redrobo wrote:

Oh FFS. It's about time you two ended your scraps. We are in desperate times, there's a hell of a lot more to this than football banter.

Reality is hitting very very hard. Shops, bars & restaurants will close. The club's supporters themselves could hit very hard times, mortgages, etc.

Let's not forget the "club" is no more than a limited company that could fold tomorrow as easily as it opened all those years ago.

Life is fickle. Let's hope it doesn't come to extreme measures but don't be surprised if it does.

Grow up, the pair of you.
Brian S

Previous

Return to General Discussion