Shrimps Trust AGM

Re: Shrimps Trust AGM

Postby Andy D » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm all for the Trust and saving up for an Under Cover area, and at a reported £30.000 should be the main priority.

However, I'm sure we can wait another 3 months and instead help fund Andy Fleming, I suppose it sends out a good message to other players with loyalty and respect being a two way thing.
Andy D

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:29 pm

al1 wrote:Dissapointed that the Trust are financing the purchase of players,do not think that this is why it was set up.I do not think that I will renew my membership!

The Trust are not financing the purchase of players and for any time that I am a Trustee, I will do my utmost to ensure it never happens. That includes financing any playing budget as it is not the purpose of the Trust and is not consistent with the objects of the Trust as per its constitution.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:31 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
al1 wrote:Dissapointed that the Trust are financing the purchase of players,do not think that this is why it was set up.I do not think that I will renew my membership!

The Trust are not financing the purchase of players and for any time that I am a Trustee, I will do my utmost to ensure it never happens. That includes financing any playing budget as it is not the purpose of the Trust and is not consistent with the objects of the Trust as per its constitution.
And it should never do so unless it becomes big enough to actually buy and own the club!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:

I completely agree and really pleased someone has raised it. Not only should the Trust not be funding players, which was requested, but we should also not be paying for fitness equipment. If the Limited Company running our football club wants stuff it should find the means to pay for it. Entry to games on match days has risen by 14%, pay for it from that. We’ve new stand sponsors and the “highest ever shirt sponsorship” (so over £30k) so pay for it from that.

Every penny we pay to the Limited Company stops going to pay for the cover at the back or the many other fantastic initiatives the Trust has driven. I really hope the Trust asks people to vote against any donations that go against its own articles and the spirit of the organisation.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:31 pm

It is becoming more and more evident that the owners have taken their eyes off the football and are solely interested in the rugby ball. If the trust are being asked to fund players and other club equipment, they should be allowed a representative on the BoD at the very least
The Trust is clearly seen as a cash cow.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:21 am

Posh wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:

I completely agree and really pleased someone has raised it. Not only should the Trust not be funding players, which was requested, but we should also not be paying for fitness equipment. If the Limited Company running our football club wants stuff it should find the means to pay for it. Entry to games on match days has risen by 14%, pay for it from that. We’ve new stand sponsors and the “highest ever shirt sponsorship” (so over £30k) so pay for it from that.

Every penny we pay to the Limited Company stops going to pay for the cover at the back or the many other fantastic initiatives the Trust has driven. I really hope the Trust asks people to vote against any donations that go against its own articles and the spirit of the organisation.
this was my immediate thought and thinking.

But we'll only get reminded about lack of attendances and the shortfall and owners having to bankroll us, the threat of going bust is still lingering, it's obvious the owners want to pull out :|
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 am

The casual fan has been hit in the pocket this season with the £2.00 increase on match day tickets. No impulse to go to a game anymore. I"m sure this won't help our attendances.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm

For me, the trust should focus all its fundraising to the £30k for a roof. Hopefully this can be formally announced as it will probably encourage more signing up. Maybe the commercial manager can get a sponsor for this too and it could be paid partly by this?

Flemo deserves some type of testimonial too but this can be organised by the club and fans can contribute by attending the match.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Brian S » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Sections 5 & 6, the Trust does not exist to cover the shortcomings of the owners.

https://shrimpstrust.co.uk/wp-content/u ... imited.pdf
Brian S

Postby al1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:10 pm

EXACTLY!
al1

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 am

Big plans for Blackpool's Community trust. They even plan on having a 3G pitch built for communal use, that will never catch on!

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/spor ... ssion=true
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 pm

An exciting new lighting system for the posh egg chasers. I wonder how much their fans had to raise for these floodlights?

https://twitter.com/WorcsWarriors/statu ... 73568?s=19
BerlinWaller

Previous

Return to General Discussion