Shrimps Trust AGM

Re: Shrimps Trust AGM

Postby Andy D » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:54 pm

parceldave wrote:I thought Jim mentioned the other week he was hoping to bring 2 new players in , but i thought with Flemmo now having to retire we would need 3 more . Not being greedy or anything just doing the maths . ;)

I don't know about a 3rd signing, Rod did also say Andy Fleming only just signed a new contract and MFC are looking into it, and helping Andy out.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Crewe have two friendlies tonight so if Shaun Miller dosnt play in either that could be a clue ???

I understood that Crewe had released Shaun at the end of last season.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm

redrobo wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:Crewe have two friendlies tonight so if Shaun Miller dosnt play in either that could be a clue ???

I understood that Crewe had released Shaun at the end of last season.

Someone should have told Dave Artell & Shaun Miller then...

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2019/jul ... this-week/
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Dublin Shrimp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 pm

I think of the ex players mentioned on this thread, Miller would be pick of the bunch wouldn’t he?
Dublin Shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Read into this what you like....

Shaun Miller not named in either two of Crewe`s starting sides tonight
Redalert1970

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Tomorrow will put an end to speculation but I believe Miller and Allessandra are coming back!!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby MRScaleHall » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm

That’ll do me
MRScaleHall

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 pm

Dublin Shrimp wrote:I think of the ex players mentioned on this thread, Miller would be pick of the bunch wouldn’t he?

If AJ was fully fit with no hamstring issues, then it would be Alessandra. With AJ struggling though, I'd take Miller.

As already said, I would happily have both back. At the end of last season, I was a bit concerned for our creativity losing Mandeville, who statistically was one of the best young playmakers in the league. If we start this coming season with O'Sullivan and Alessandra though, I'd say that's a step up.
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Tomorrow will put an end to speculation but I believe Miller and Allessandra are coming back!!

If Carlsberg did predictions i would say you are probably 50% correct
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:21 am

marky No.1 wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:Tomorrow will put an end to speculation but I believe Miller and Allessandra are coming back!!

If Carlsberg did predictions i would say you are probably 50% correct

+1
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Ntini » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 am

I think perhaps Rod's comments have been misinterpreted, though maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.

My understanding was that we had a signing to hopefully announce today, as well as a former player possibly coming back if we could raise the funds.

I didn't hear it as two former players...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:47 am

2 players, one of which has been here before, funds are there, Rod was asking for help towards it as we want to do the good thing of honouring Flemmos wages while it gets sorted with the PFA etc
marky No.1

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 am

You are a tease, Marky! If its only one previous player it must be Shaun Miller? Or is it Allessandra with Rod hoping to raise funds for Shaun Miller?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:04 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:You are a tease, Marky! If its only one previous player it must be Shaun Miller? Or is it Allessandra with Rod hoping to raise funds for Shaun Miller?

I have tried to explain it how I heard it, just one former player. Why must it be Shaun Miller?
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:10 am

marky No.1 wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:You are a tease, Marky! If its only one previous player it must be Shaun Miller? Or is it Allessandra with Rod hoping to raise funds for Shaun Miller?

I have tried to explain it how I heard it, just one former player. Why must it be Shaun Miller?

Yes , it sounded like one former player.

I would like one of them to be a "new" player to us.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:10 am

marky No.1 wrote:

I wouldn't say 'must', but it's a strong likelihood that it will be him.

We could do with an extra striker, especially with AJ's injury troubles. Dave Artell has said on the Crewe website that he is looking to try and get a move away for him sorted. Also, Crewe had a double header of friendlies last night, and it looks like he didn't feature in either.

This would point towards Miller. Although Alessandra is obviously a free agent and would be handy in that he can play up front and on the wing.
Little Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:14 am

Little Shrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

I wouldn't say 'must', but it's a strong likelihood that it will be him.

We could do with an extra striker, especially with AJ's injury troubles. Dave Artell has said on the Crewe website that he is looking to try and get a move away for him sorted. Also, Crewe had a double header of friendlies last night, and it looks like he didn't feature in either.

This would point towards Miller. Although Alessandra is obviously a free agent and would be handy in that he can play up front and on the wing.

Alessandra seems to have a habit of signing for clubs that get relegated which would be a worry :o
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:33 am

Yep.

His last 3 clubs (York, Hartlepool and Notts County) were ALL relegated to Non League with him in their squads.

Not exactly what you want on your CV.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:14 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Yep.

His last 3 clubs (York, Hartlepool and Notts County) were ALL relegated to Non League with him in their squads.

Not exactly what you want on your CV.

Having agreed a deal with us, then reneging on it when something else came along, I'm not that fussed about him returning now he's older and can't find anywhere else. Obviously, if he does return, I'll be 100% behind him but I'm not over excited by a player who is six years older than when he left us and hasn't performed that well in the last four. He'd certainly need to return with a good attitude and not a Billy-Big-Bollocks.

As I understand it, Miller wanted to stay with us but factors outside of his control led to him leaving. But that was rumour mill stuff.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Ntini » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:43 pm

I really hope this new signing gets over the line today.

Rod was very brave in sticking his head above the parapet and declaring it should be today. He did that with the cover over the home end a couple of years back and it came back to bite him (which he was very honest about on Mon eve). Hope that doesn't happen this time.

P.S. Rod, if you're reading this, keep up the good work. It was great to have a Chairman there giving an update to the supporters.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Shrimp Girl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Bakhare announced, promoted to the first team squad. He looked really promising at Bamber Bridge. Welcome Ibra :D
Shrimp Girl

Postby skyecat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:07 pm

The way I heard Rod's comments on Monday night, I too thought he meant that we had one, significant signing to be announced, which would hopefully impress us, and, an ex player.
The deals are all but done, and if necessary, Rod would under-write the deal if he couldn't raise the £15k he spoke about - but he would hope that he could raise the funds to secure the deal at no further cost to himself, or the club (the club's playing budget has been reached - and included the aforementioned significant signing).
The 15K was to cover a 3 month period whilst Flemo's contract payments, the "significant" signing, AND the ex-Morecambe FC player - where at that point, Flemo's contract situation should hopefully be sort out - but he of course, couldn't guarantee that, as it involves the PFA, and others i'm sure.
I may be wrong though!
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:28 pm

I understood generally what you have summarised Skyecat from the meeting the other night. Certainly at least one of the possible signings is an ex-player.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby al1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Dissapointed that the Trust are financing the purchase of players,do not think that this is why it was set up.I do not think that I will renew my membership!
al1

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:18 pm

At the meeting the other night there was no request for the trust to help buy players. Rod mentioned two new signings and the complication of Andy Fleming's enforced retirement and invited supporters to help with short term finance but this request wasn't made of the trust.
fulwoodshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion