Circus

Circus

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:01 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Circus

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed May 08, 2024 2:09 pm

That's a typically lazy BBC rehash of the interview last week.

Given that interview itself is fast approaching a week old, what do we do if nothing happens in the remainder of this week or next? Given that "This has got to happen over the next couple of weeks".

Do we just repeat that this has to be sorted over the next couple of weeks, whilst shaking our fist angrily?

Time is ticking...
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby black morse » Wed May 08, 2024 2:26 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:That's a typically lazy BBC rehash of the interview last week.

Given that interview itself is fast approaching a week old, what do we do if nothing happens in the remainder of this week or next? Given that "This has got to happen over the next couple of weeks".

Do we just repeat that this has to be sorted over the next couple of weeks, whilst shaking our fist angrily?

Time is ticking...

What action do you want from the fans? In view of Rod"s statement the action must come from the Board if they feel nothing is happening and the only action they can realistically take is to resign. :cry: :cry:
black morse

Postby twosheds » Wed May 08, 2024 2:57 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:That's a typically lazy BBC rehash of the interview last week....

It maybe old news but at least it puts the club back on the sports pages to raise awareness of our predicament....
twosheds

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 08, 2024 3:27 pm

On the BOD’s resignation’s, this is not the time to do it, we are to far gone, it’s time for them to fight and fight hard to save the club.

Even coming round to the unhinged position of me believing that, that may have to include the insane prospect of JW continuing as the owner if necessary. (Hopefully he sees his strategy on selling the Club [honestly don’t believe he’s serious about selling], is completely failing and he takes an offer for the Club).

I am totally against letting the club go into administration and for it to rise again, phoenix like, lower down the league pyramid. I would like Morecambe to continue to be playing in League Two. I personally want Morecambe to punch above its weight, if they go out of the League, in my humble opinion it will mean years outside it, just like the Clubs Rod mentioned in his interview.

Looking back on last season I humbly think when the BOD’s made their statement last year, that was the time to walk away, they probably never did it and have continued to stay in the hope they can facilitate a sale.

If they had a walked away last year would JW have let the Club fail and then blame them? I would think that would still happen now, so I’d rather that they stay and keep the Club going.

While our BOD’s continue in situ, our Club will keep going and if they keep going they will live and die on League status by putting a team on the pitch. If then they fall out of the league i would rather it be by failure on the pitch just like our fall from the heights of League 1.

I won’t like it any more than the next fan, but don’t inflict it on ourselves.
Billy bodger

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 08, 2024 3:41 pm

BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed May 08, 2024 4:24 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:More antics from the Ring Master

https://x.com/KieranMaguire/status/1788 ... HgTyQ&s=08

Maybe not such a good idea about Administration after all when you look at the fees involved.... :o
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed May 08, 2024 5:11 pm

Is Jason waiting out on getting payment from this before he provides us with a budget or pays off the VAT.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby KenH » Wed May 08, 2024 5:58 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:More antics from the Ring Master

https://x.com/KieranMaguire/status/1788 ... HgTyQ&s=08

Maybe not such a good idea about Administration after all when you look at the fees involved.... :o

But the "new" buyers of the club's assets, i.e. "Newco" won't be paying that. Newco will buy the assets, i.e. leasehold land & buildings, equipment, player contracts etc from the administrators, so it will be clean and will have no liabilities to past creditors, banks, lenders nor the administrators.

The administrators will be dealing with Old MFC, and they'll use the monies raised from selling the clubs assets to pay their fees then pay the lenders/creditors (if there's any money left).

Usual procedure for the administrators is to raise enough money to pay their fees and the secured creditors if possible, i.e. lenders who have charges against assets. They don't care about other creditors, i.e. suppliers and any unsecured lenders. So if there are, say, £3m of secured creditors and £1m estimated administrators fees, the administrators will be looking to sell the assets for £4m!
KenH

Postby black morse » Thu May 09, 2024 10:42 am

I see that next year's fixtures will be out on 26th June. I usually put a note in my diary but am not bothering this year.....yet. ;)
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 am

Almost another week over and still no GOOD news
Redalert1970

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Almost another week over and still no GOOD news

Therein in lies the problem. It is massively important to us that something happens and soon. Does it really matter to Jason? He clearly doesn't care at all about Morecambe FC or its fans. If his business concerns are currently elsewhere we just have to sit and wait.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Therein in lies the problem. It is massively important to us that something happens and soon. Does it really matter to Jason? He clearly doesn't care at all about Morecambe FC or its fans. If his business concerns are currently elsewhere we just have to sit and wait.

The 28th May is the next big hurdle. Payroll day. No football matches to provide cash since before the last payday.

He has to find the amount needed otherwise ...................................
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:15 pm

Was hoping for new owner / s by then but that's wishful thinking
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 09, 2024 1:41 pm

When I saw the heading "Circus" I thought it meant we were having a circus on the pitch in the Summer to raise money :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was this time last year when we had the Queen and ABBA tribute acts at the Mazuma which seemed to be successful.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:It was this time last year when we had the Queen and ABBA tribute acts at the Mazuma which seemed to be successful.

Yes and they resurfaced the pitch afterwards.
I assume we won't be having a new surface this time?
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Thu May 09, 2024 3:37 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

The 28th May is the next big hurdle. Payroll day. No football matches to provide cash since before the last payday.

He has to find the amount needed otherwise ...................................

Isn't that Jason's deadline set by the EFL for replacing the 'emergency fund account' as well? Don't remember anything saying that has been done!
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:It was this time last year when we had the Queen and ABBA tribute acts at the Mazuma which seemed to be successful.

I think the payroll and the HMRC problem over the Embargo are higher up the list than a pitch that may not get played on if things really go pear-shaped :( :( :( :( :(
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 09, 2024 6:25 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Signed off by the main man and work begins on the 28th of this month I believe.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 09, 2024 7:12 pm

What's on at the Mazuma tonight. A sign on Christie Way pointing to the Car Park and the car park is full up.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 09, 2024 7:50 pm

There was a cup final last night and the play on the pitch games have been going on this week. The walking football team have a tournament tomorrow i think.
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:40 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Signed off by the main man and work begins on the 28th of this month I believe.

Cheers, didn't expect that
marky No.1

Postby twosheds » Thu May 09, 2024 10:16 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:There was a cup final last night and the play on the pitch games have been going on this week. The walking football team have a tournament tomorrow i think.

The quiz was interrupted by an influx of players and supporters after the game....a few bob was put into the tills over the next hour or so...even better our team won the quiz... :D
twosheds

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri May 10, 2024 8:46 am

I was told Monday night by somebody at the club. It might just be a botch it and do one fix but something is being done.
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Fri May 10, 2024 12:24 pm

If there was any good news you can be sure the Board would have released it to boost season ticket sales.
black morse

Return to General Discussion